Another piil box in Bradford on Avon

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldscrote

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
A few photos of a Bradford pill box
First exteriors

The bricked entrance

The box is completely surrounded by water like a moat.sounds like an expense account scandal in the making.

Now the interiors,these were all shot through the embrasures so please excuse quality......and yes that is an umbrella in one of them,I guess people have been posting things for years

This is the bridge that box was guarding.On the other side of the bridge was a box disguised as a summer house complete with fake pitched roof sadly demolished in the 60s

Just a few hundred feet away are these

a set of 4 pimples guarding Bradford rail bridge I can't get any nearer to clear the ivy off but you get the general idea.
This lot must be at the other end of the blue line to Night Crawlers thread as as far as I know it finished in Freshford where it split,the more northerly red line started there,The Bristol outer defence or green line ran from Highbridge to Freshford and then onto Stroud an Gloucester,Freshford was also the start of the Salisbury stop line.Will get to Freshford next, there's still a few boxes left to do there.

Last edited:
So that is where I'm heading then, No worry about the Island, I know of three on two Islands on the Thames. Good to see some pimples by the track though. :)

Glad to see you are getting out there again..whoever left the Orangeboom tin has a taste for cheap foreign lager!Nice shots dude.

Thanks for the replies guys,
The spot is a favourite for fishermen hence the cheap foreign lager,the box is accessible by bridge so no problem with soggy feet N.C.Give me a shout when you arrive at this end it would be nice to meet you.There are two pre-fabricated boxes down this end that I'm trying to find one between Bradford and Avoncliffe and the other between Bradford and Freshford.
Must admit Klempner the only way I managed to photograph these remnants was due to the close proximity of roads and car parks.

Latest posts

Back