Another trip to Denbigh August 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmars

Reaction score
The North Wales Hospital (locally known as Denbigh Mental) was a hospital for people with psychiatric illnesses located in Denbigh, North Wales..
Designed by architect*Thomas Full James*to originally accommodate between 60 and 200 patients, the building dates back to 1848, and originally had its own farm and gasworks. Planned for closure by*Enoch Powell*from the 1960s, it was closed in sections from 1991 to 2002
On 22 November 2008, during work to renovate the building site and convert it to apartments and residential properties, the building caught fire; it was later confirmed that the main hall of the hospital was destroyed.
Currently on the buildings at risk register, planning permission has currently lapsed, while Denbighshire council are planning urgent repairs and to bill the current owners/developers.

Had another trip to Denbigh this morning, security guard must have been there as the main gate was open, so we waited for around 15 mins and then went back to main gate and it was closed and locked.
So in we went, this trip I went with medipac, this was his first trip and he loved it.
We visited different rooms this time round which was nice. Still more decay and more floors falling in but a great trip all the same.

Here are the pics, only internal this time as this is my preference.

Enjoy!!!
sorry have reached my quoter for storage on photobucket, usless hosting for images, sorry guys..

_RBP5605_zpsf6ee5428.jpg

_RBP5552_zps51e1e062.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, great pics. Thanks for going again this month. Just 5 days left of this one, your 3rd visit will be epic!

Great looking pics!! Thanks for sharing, one day soon for me maybe. Why does it have to be so dam far away!

Back