Aquilla - Bromley & Winston - can't find any open thread

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyGosling

Reaction score
Hi all
In a new user so please excuse any rule-breaking but I can't find anywhere to post the recent discoveries I've made about DERA activities post war in the Bromley/Sevenoaks area.
I went to Langley Park school in the area in the 1970s & came across the 'Aquilla mystery' from other grammar schoolboys.

These discoveries come from two recent books: Churchill's Bomb by physicist Graham Farmelo and former journalist & MEP Richard Cottrel's Bomber Beeching (kindle)
Suffice to say that this is near Winston Churchill's Chartwell home in Westerham home and looks to have been the secret home to Britain's nuclear bomb development project which began in 1945/6 at the end of the 1943 Quebec agreement.... Main sites being Aquilla & Fort Halstead just down the A21 road under the North Downs

NB: Recorded this last week
Winston Churchills Bomb - Graham Farmelo - £200m (£7bn) for Britain's first atom bomb - YouTube

Slightly interesting but does this relate to any current derelict or abandoned building? Because this isn't a history forum.

Latest posts

Back