Aston Hall Mental Asylum - Derbyshire April 09 **Pic Heavy**

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Know I know, Thanks :p But still, what a feeling finding it after walking right to the bottom of the cellar. The exclamation of joy was because I though the chavs were not going to let me in. They did, I was happy, I got carried away. Sorry :)

I Know I know, Thanks :p But still, what a feeling finding it after walking right to the bottom of the cellar. The exclamation of joy was because I though the chavs were not going to let me in. They did, I was happy, I got carried away. Sorry :)

No need to applogise, i know you pretty new to this and its just good etiquette to say thanks to those who give help and info on sites, thats all. :)

No need to applogise, i know you pretty new to this and its just good etiquette to say thanks to those who give help and info on sites, thats all. :)

I know what you mean chap, though I prefer to trade information if possible :lol:

Sorry I didn't put this on the last post, but compare my pictures of the maintenance block roof from my two visits, you will see that the whole roof is gone on the second one, without a trace, so someone has obviously nabbed the main roof trusses :confused:

Oh, I forgot to post the picture :eek:
Here it is:
img0251.jpg

Last edited:
awww, couldn't you have got some power to the rectifier? :lol: It would have looked superb to see that glowing nicely.

T

I will have to go back some day with a thousand volts in a backpack :lol:
Shame about the benches, I think.

A barrel of petrol has moved from the generator room into the engineering block too, so I am guessing it will only be a matter of weeks until it is burnt down :(

the roof is fooked now
this is how it was
DSC_0092.png

credit to mr sam:)

that and the RR genny and the bits got robbed of that!! were about the best bits to see in the shit hole!!
easy one of the worst trashed places that close to peoples homes

The RR genny is still ok as of a few days ago, still missing it's rad and various piping, I don't think the chavs haven't found the rectifier yet though, which is the ONLY thing left that makes the place worth a visit. They must be scared of the dark.

Inevitable really, sooner they flatten it the better really - it doesn't have any historic value (even before it was trashed) and is nothing but a burden on Derbyshire taxpayers in police and fire call outs and an eyesore for local residents. There's much better stuff to see in the surrounding area for people like us if I must be honest (no disrespect to you or your report James).

None taken Thompski, I think it really should be flattened, bar the recitifer, who owns it? That rectifier should be in the Derby Industrial Museum, I might get in touch with someone...

Derby City Council allow anyone to look at planning applications on their website, however Aston is in the South Derbyshire Borough - you could look on their website and see if they have a planning application section - its on Maple Drive in Aston Upon Trent which should link you to the application for the care home, assuming its been submitted. Through this you might be able to find the owner of the site.

Come to think of it you might be able to find a news article on 'this is derbyshire' regarding the plans.

the genny was mint when we went

your right its a dump it was when we went looks a lot worse now !

Cool, thanks. How should I say I know the rectifier is there?
May look dodgy otherwise I have a good alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back