Back to college......

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strider8173

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Lets go back to 1956, and travel to Maidenhead.
Here, in the middle of a quiet housing estate, youd find the campus of
East Berkshire College

Back then this college was a bustling hive of educational learning, 100s of students coming and going between departments of the College, including General Studies, Business Studies and Engineering.

Between the late 1970's and early 1980s the Enrolments for the college totalled approximately 8500, with around 220 teaching staff.

This 6 story tower block was 1 of 3 campuses run by the East Berkshire College along with community based learning facilities, these included sites in Windsor and Langley.

In June 2001, plans were announced to redevelop the entire area and by 2007 the site sat empty

1 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr
We travel back to the future and find the building today broken and empty..

2 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

the hallways.....

006 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

020 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

and classrooms....

025 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

029 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

008 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

lay quiet and forgotten.. theres noone left here to learn...

027 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

well almost...

026 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

we follow in the footsteps of countless others and find our way to the lower levels of the tower...

022 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

031 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

032 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

036 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

the lower floors held a caretakers room and a hidden basement..

078 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

083 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

082 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

we moved out of the serial killer body storage room and made our way up the stairwell...
035 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

047 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

with almost every window broken the wind noise kept our imaginations on edge.

040 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

045 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr
the upper levels held the last pieces of evidence that this was an educational centre.

054 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

053 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

050 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

we headed back and up....

064 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

042 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

049 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr
so up we went...

055 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr
and out....

Untitled_Panorama1 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

061 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

from the roof we could see a second building hidden in the trees and made our way back down to find an exit....

017 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

062 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

the second building on the site is the listed remains of Boyn Hill house, this was a language centre...

120 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr
inside grand old doors and fireplaces, stairways ....

097 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

093 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

104 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

and a creepy basement..

098 copy by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

100 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

119 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

109 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

with no students left this place has only ghosts and the odd explorer left to entertain..

106 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

so im off to do some homework... intill next time.

066 by SMCGILL09, on Flickr

keep safe

Very nice! The college looks like my kind of place and you have shown some great pics!

Thanks very much :)

Great report takes me back when I had dreams of going to college........and got a job in retail instead!

Cheers Guys

Aww, I read the title and thought you were a college kid about to ask for locations. I thought I was going to wave my new new Moderator stick. But no, you have given us a quality report. You've got an good eye for photos, and I love the roof top shenenigans. Keep it up fella!

Heaven forbid you "wave your stick" Lee! ;)

I enjoyed that report. Really must do this place because we missed the chance last month when we were passing. I liked the slightly more, erm... olde worlde bit the best.

BTW guys, you may wish to consider obscuring your faces on your pix. It's a personal thing and obviously totally your choice but if Dibble happen to troll the forum and see your mugs when they want someone to "finger" for some vandalism such as a fire started by our friendly neighbourhood chavs around the time you've just done a splore... well you see where I'm coming from I hope!

Keep the pix coming!!! :)

Understand your point Teej its just i have such a beauitful face :).
If the Poe poe wanna try and convict me for things I ain't done it'll make intresting reading.

Thanks for all the great feedback people I haven't been exploring for what feels like ages, I do wruddy love it.

Good to see this again, we found Boyn Hill House sealed when I went last year. Did you find the soundproofed recording room?

Yea but most of the sound proofing was Gone. The house was amazing some great archatueture in there. And the cellar was creepy as hell.

i really like the way youve told this report..really good read with all your captions throughout..looks like you had a great splore..

Damn, here's how it looked last year (couple of crap photos of mine)

It's all been ripped out now. Sad. Most of the sites empty anyway there's not alot left in the rooms, people have striped back and taken everything of intrest.

i really like the way youve told this report..really good read with all your captions throughout..looks like you had a great splore..

Thanks. I like to keep you all entertained and I enjoy telling the story, plenty more to come.

Thats the kind of splore I like, pity its soo trashed tho, Like your narrative and your piks are stellar, great job :)

Latest posts

Back