Banbury Says Hi

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 65654

Reaction score
Hello there, complete newbie here, with my wife. We're looking at picking up some exploration locally, for starters.

So looking for tips etc, from more experienced explorers and to have some fun of course!

Ah Banbury north Oxfordshire, welcome along, I'm sure you will find some interesting places. Have a look around the form fro some tips.

Thanks, bit of a "Where do I go, what do I do?" Type moment, especially thinking of a safe, first explore for the both of us.

Looking forward to following this thorough and finding some good sites, around our locale.

Was looking at basic equipment posts and apart from rope (which I kind I thought was a necessity) haven't seen anything on first aid kits. Or us that more of a no brainer addition lol.

Thanks, bit of a "Where do I go, what do I do?" Type moment, especially thinking of a safe, first explore for the both of us.

Looking forward to following this thorough and finding some good sites, around our locale.

Was looking at basic equipment posts and apart from rope (which I kind I thought was a necessity) haven't seen anything on first aid kits. Or us that more of a no brainer addition lol.
Don't go there, just think simple, old cloths and a camera to start with, remember your wife is with you

Don't go there, just think simple, old cloths and a camera to start with, remember your wife is with you
Fair point, thanks, do have a habit of over complicating things, yet makes sense. I don't think wifey would appreciate me looking for nooks and crannies to scramble around in!!

Out of curiosity and excluding local knowledge, are a lot of UrbEx locations found by chance, word of mouth or simple google map searches?

Fair point, thanks, do have a habit of over complicating things, yet makes sense. I don't think wifey would appreciate me looking for nooks and crannies to scramble around in!!

Out of curiosity and excluding local knowledge, are a lot of UrbEx locations found by chance, word of mouth or simple google map searches?
Just as you said in the last paragraph. Don't ask members directly on the forum they don't tend to answer, but you could try PMing politely for info or help how to find the place

Back