Barking Power Station - Control Room and Offices - Jan 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelly

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Been sitting on this one for a while :(

Barking Power Station - Opened in 1925 and decommissioned by the end of the 1980s

11.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4841_stitcha.jpg

IMG_4846_stitchas.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

Pics brilliant as always fella.

There's always a bloody doll isn't there!

Cheers Ghost,

I really don't know how they get there sometimes, I mean, a doll?

In a power station??

I can assure you that I didn't take it with me!!!

:mrgreen:

IMG_4880.jpg

Very classy Mr Nelly..on the subject of dolls,when I went down Middleton mine,we came across an area where someone had placed about 30 dolls all in a sort of circle.weird.Someone had to actually lug em all down there!

Hand-written diary entries, old style pissers, tiles going up the side of the stairs, analogue electronics on a circuit diagram . . . gaaaaahhhh :eek: That place is amazing.

Been sitting on this one for a while

It was worth the wait.

Very classy Mr Nelly..on the subject of dolls,when I went down Middleton mine,we came across an area where someone had placed about 30 dolls all in a sort of circle.weird.Someone had to actually lug em all down there!

Come on then fella!! How many did you take home???

Hand-written diary entries, old style pissers, tiles going up the side of the stairs, analogue electronics on a circuit diagram . . . gaaaaahhhh :eek: That place is amazing.

It was worth the wait.

Glad you like it mate.

The wait was due to a world of grief that this location caused me, but hey ho!!! Life's a bitch!!!

In ;ove with the report from the first photo. You just get better!
Fantastic colours in there and am seriously loving your photos! :)

AMAZING!

A doll in a power station is a bit strange but hey, what ever floated their boat! :)

The equipment racks shown in the first batch of photo's relate to a 1940's era telephone exchange.

Is that odd, Hydealfred, would they have had a telephone exchange like that in a power station?

Is that odd, Hydealfred, would they have had a telephone exchange like that in a power station?

Im not sure on that but that is what the equipment racks are. I thought they were so I checked with my brother who is a telecoms engineer and he confirmed it. I remember seeing the same type of equipment in a local exchange years back. Apparently the equipment is still in use in some places to this day.

Back