Quantcast

Baron Hill Mansion, Beaumaris May 2017

Help Support Derelict Places:

Togitha

Reaction score
I've been obsessed with this place since seeing it online, but it's around 2 and a half hours away from me, so I've had to be patient. I visited twice, one week apart for model shoots so these are images I snapped in between. It is far more overgrown than images online suggest...but it did not disappoint. On our second visit I found the stables and an old carriage. I did see the ice house but didn't get any good shots as it was so overgrown and a huge tree had fallen outside it.

Baron Hill house, a massive Neo-Gothic building, formerly stood on the east side of a N-S running wooded ridge, through which ran a maze of paths The home farm and possibly a kitchen garden complex lay to the west.

During World War I, death duties soaked up the family fortune and made it impossible for the family (by then called Williams-Bulkeley) to continue to maintain the house. During the war, Royal Engineers were stationed at the house. It was later damaged by fire, but the shell of the house survives.

I managed to find images of what it would have looked like between the fire and now. Fascinating stuff.

Coflein pictures

Main house:

Colonade/Viewing Platform:

Grounds/Outhouses:

Stables/Carriage:

Last edited:

Hugh Jorgan

Reaction score
Oh dear, a nice post but you spoiled it by posting your pictures without a gap between pictures. Looks like one big picture. Apart from that the building is in a bad state.

Togitha

Reaction score
Oh dear, a nice post but you spoiled it by posting your pictures without a gap between pictures. Looks like one big picture. Apart from that the building is in a bad state.

Sorted, especially for you :)

I don't think the building itself has deteriorated much from the images I saw online, it's basically a shell. There is very little that can be vandalised. The grounds however are very overgrown. I'd be interested to go back in winter to see what it is like then.