Barriers To Entry, Cathedral Steps - Manchester

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:mrgreen: Nice one Big Jobs. Hope your doing ok mate :mrgreen:

Well obviously the hard way is the only way.

But the examples you cited don't exactly compare to the short distances you have to cover to access the arches. My question was why take the hard way if there is an easier one? You'd trek through the jungle for the experience of trekking through the jungle, I take it you went primarily to the Cathedral Steps to see them not mess about with the glory of the hard way in?

And the point of my post was that hard or easy, what you get is exactly the same.

I mentioned the exaggerated examples to point out less than subtley that you were suggesting the journey was of no importance, merely the end result of seeing the place. Do you take no pleasure in the journey and simply chase the rewards at the end? I dig the journey, shoot me.

You're incorrect, I went to the steps for both the interesting access I had heard of and to see the steps themselves. I don't know what glory you're talking about, the only glory I see here is due to the people who found the location. I think I've got enough glory stockpiled to keep me going ya know?

Evidently you feel the need to apply your ideals to everyone else. My point is that for people who value the journey, the end result is not exactly the same. Look around and you'll see I'm far from alone. For me the journey/entry is quite a memorable part of the experience, made of it's own hardships, moments of ingenuity and success. If all you're after is the destination that's fine by me, I'm not here to dictate - as if that's even remotely possible given the ragtag anti-authoritarian nature of many within this sub-culture.

I'll take whichever entry/route/journey gives me the most genuine experience.

to be honest,its threads like this that started to break 28dl's back.werent we all noobs once? i totally agree with the comments about pikeys/scrappers etc as they enter with nothing but foul intentions.but simply being a new explorer does not make you disrespectful,a liability or in the same league as those other thieving scum.my first time to cane hill i was warned off as it was a more 'challenging' explore and as i was a 'noob' noone would go with me for fear of me getting us all caught.should i not have bothered?
no i simply went alone.
as yet i havent seen many signs of 'elitism' on this site.
lets keep it that way

I'd be willing to bet that it's someone who's a member of this or one of the other urbex forums that 'created' the easy entrance though, which isn't good.

I'm not sure where else this debate can go other than descend into arguments, so I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back