Quantcast

Barrow Gurney

Help Support Derelict Places:

deesgtc

Reaction score
Sorry for posting a link rather than just post it on here, but it's a lot quicker and easier for me and at least it gets my blog out there!

Wasn't much left of Barrow Gurney, was a shame to see it in such a sorry state. This was from a few months ago, so its probably even worse now. Seriously regret not going before when we could've seen more. Also, please excuse the photos! This was the first time I'd tried photography properly!

http://derelictbritain.tumblr.com

All photos and info are on there, along with our trip to Blobbyland. We'll be visiting an unfinished church tomorrow, so hopefully there'll be a new post soon!

Thanks, let me know what you all think! And if anyones been there more recently I'd love to see if it's changed again:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Corehunter

Reaction score
Nice post! Perhaps you could post the images here too, by linking them as well as your blog, so people can scroll down on this page as well the blog. But nice images there, yes!

deesgtc

Reaction score
dumb question, but how do I do that?! It asks for a URL to the images, but I don't have one..

Sorry, I suck with computers!

Corehunter

Reaction score
No, it's perfectly OK. Right click an image from your blog and "Copy image location" (or something to that effect) and that is the URL :)

deesgtc

Reaction score
Woo! Thankyou..I now feel that little bit smarter haha! xD

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
The whole purpose of this website is to post reports including photos, it does not exist to further your own blog. So thanks for posting them up. :)

One day they might actually do something with this site, I remember the day it closed when it was still pristine and the grounds nicely landscaped etc. We actually got offered the site on a peppercorn caretaking lease a couple of years ago just after they demolished the wards but turned it down.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
Blimy, not much left now! Always loved the JPS artwork here.
Thanks for sharing! :)

The Archivist

Reaction score
They've been demolishing this place in fits and starts for about four years now. Every time I see a new report I'm surprised there's anything left.

FYI the windowless building and the shed on stilts are bat hibernacula. The hospital buildings were supposed to have all been flattened ages ago, but they found bats roosting in there and had to stop. The hibernacula were built to house the bats from the old buildings so they could finally demolish them. I don't know whether the bats have taken to their new homes, but the buildings are probably best left alone in future.