Bass maltings..Lincolnshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
So my first attempt at the new look forum layout and direct image uploads. Me and man gone wrong was in Lincolnshire doing some exploring. We decided to take a chance on this place as not seen anything on it for a while. And we dropped on lucky this time. I have been twice before and once was a no go, and another we just got in one building. So we was happy to finally crack the beautiful water tower. The maltings was the largest in the country designed with the water tower central and four large buildings either side of the tower. Because Lincolnshire was rich in barely and sleaford had a railway that went too several towns it was deemed perfect for the brewery company Bass, Ratcliffe and Gretin limited to set up the complex for the maltings. It was used till after the Second World War, when the company updated there site at Stoke on Trent. Effectively leaving the Bass maltings redundant, it eventually closed in 1959. It was used by several other companies which made use of some off the buildings. The place is in a sorry state now. It's suffered a few fires and the elements are taking its toll on them. There has been several ideas of restoration but none have come to anything yet sadly. I hope they do get restored as they are such a beautiful site on the Lincolnshire skyline.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Awww man this place is still lovely, tried it once and secca beat us back 😂
Cracking shots as always sir

So my first attempt at the new look forum layout and direct image uploads. Me and man gone wrong was in Lincolnshire doing some exploring. We decided to take a chance on this place as not seen anything on it for a while. And we dropped on lucky this time. I have been twice before and once was a no go, and another we just got in one building. So we was happy to finally crack the beautiful water tower. The maltings was the largest in the country designed with the water tower central and four large buildings either side of the tower. Because Lincolnshire was rich in barely and sleaford had a railway that went too several towns it was deemed perfect for the brewery company Bass, Ratcliffe and Gretin limited to set up the complex for the maltings. It was used till after the Second World War, when the company updated there site at Stoke on Trent. Effectively leaving the Bass maltings redundant, it eventually closed in 1959. It was used by several other companies which made use of some off the buildings. The place is in a sorry state now. It's suffered a few fires and the elements are taking its toll on them. There has been several ideas of restoration but none have come to anything yet sadly. I hope they do get restored as they are such a beautiful site on the Lincolnshire skyline.

View attachment 504484

View attachment 504485

View attachment 504486

View attachment 504487

View attachment 504488

View attachment 504489

View attachment 504490

View attachment 504491

View attachment 504492

View attachment 504493

View attachment 504494

View attachment 504496

View attachment 504497

View attachment 504498

View attachment 504499

View attachment 504500

View attachment 504501

View attachment 504502

View attachment 504503

View attachment 504504

That building and tower, when done up, would make a great place to live.
I live just outside Sleaford, and there have been so many developers who want to re-develop the site. Tesco have been mentioned many times, and recently it was proposed that a cinema or leisure complex was the current plan. I think that's all been shelved with the current problems we have!

Latest posts

Back