Best of 2019!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuban B.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Since it's been a while since I posted on here, I thought I'd make a best of 2019 thread to show my five favourite locations of the year. I'm sorry for them being a little turbine heavy but I do like a power station. Please join in, and here's my top five in descending order:

5/ The Convent of the Holy Christ:
49165658341_70d95345a6_c.jpg

4/ The Granite Cinema:
49079756268_44f9f1389f_c.jpg

3/ The Papermill Powerstation:
48113914102_27e24a81a7_c.jpg

2/ The Scottish Coal Powerstation:
24566641807_397e6e9a69_c.jpg

1/ X

Last edited:
Oh blimey you've been into some interesting bits! No I'm not jealous at all. Actually, if I'd been in one of those turbine halls with you'd I'd have ran around naked with excitement!

For me I've been too quiet this last year but have still been very active. I'll come thundering into the start of the New Year with some fascinating and beautiful locations - some were so obvious that I didn't see them - that happens.

There are lurkers here who although silent are actually very very active. They tend not to post places though and some of those places are amazing and have never been reported. I've become friends with one and I can guarantee that 2020 for me (and you lot watching) will be a very busy year of reports. Watch this space..

Sausage: I can't wait to see your reports over the coming year!

Mookster: Parsons are my favourite turbines 🤩

Sad to see that no.3 is finally on it's way out...

Sausage - you're right, but lots of explorers had their fingers burnt many years ago, so don't tend to post reports on forums (or Facebook) any more. People keep exploring, but the scene is different to what it was in 2006/ 2007...

Back