Bird House of the Dead! : May and June 2014

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote by Mars Lander - " Here some bottles can be seen , sometimes these can be used to ascertain the era the house was used or at least a clue to earlier residences in a very rough way. For example the bottles in "Fur House" are just on the turn of the century , in "Dairy Keepers" there was 'briefly' seen a blue poison bottle indicating 1800's and here these are more 1930's. I could be very wrong about all this, am sure someone will poo poo this theory but by then I will probably be roaming around another old house, beyond care and toilet paper."

As you state, the gatherings of what we now call 'recyclable' are very good indicators of when places were inhabited. One just needs to be able to piece the clues together in the correct context. From the number of interesting reports you have let us all see, it is obvious that you have the experience to make very valid assumptions on the evidence you see. More importantly for me, your photographs always record details that allow the informed viewer to make the same assumptions and 'flesh' the report out. If this place was wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow, your report allows the history to live on for future generations. This is as it should be - I have been around long enough to realise that it takes something special to turn a mundane collection of 'rubbish' into memorable history, so keep up the fantastic work.

Latest posts

Back