Birnbeck Pier, W-S-M. 06/09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
use to live 5mins away from this pier and offten thought bout tryin to get on it but never had the guts to it.
after talking to scurb we decided to attempted it. so a day and time was set and set off.

we arrived at 5am in the morning, parked up and attempted to get to the peir.
The entry was a funny one. it was easy yet hard (work that out :D). the exit was even worse. I empaled my arm on razor wire (not that bad but enouth for me to go "opps, not good" which was not fun but made us rethink our exit strategy and we finaly got out.
it was a nice site, couple of nice little features, the weather and salt air has taken its toll on the buildings, with walls falling down, roofs caving in and floors giving up.

Part of the site is still used by the RNLI, dont know when they use it but their section is all nice, clean and some very nice equipment. The good thing with them being on the site is that they keep the main walk way in good usable condition. :)

not much to say bout the history as its all here.

Here is some pics.

P001.jpg

P004.jpg

P006.jpg

P017.jpg

P015.jpg

P021.jpg

Yea this was a bit of a mission! Still an epic day.

Few o' mine:

IMG_3798-1.jpg

IMG_3822-1.jpg

IMG_3827-1.jpg
]

IMG_3861-1.jpg

IMG_3835-1.jpg

IMG_3849-1.jpg

What a great set of pics :exclaim: I love the main entrance building, it still retains a hint of days long gone :)

Ooooooooooooh excellent pics you two. I haven't seen pics from here in a long time, so it's good to see it again. That jetty looks very dodgy lmao. I wouldn't like to walk across that. :eek: Love seeing that white organ, that doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. The main buildings look like they've been cleaned up a little more now, than pics from a while back.

Any idea's on whether they're going to make it all safe and do it all up, and re-open it again? or something worse? hope it's the first part.

Excellent pics again,

:) Sal

Ooooooooooooh excellent pics you two. I haven't seen pics from here in a long time, so it's good to see it again. That jetty looks very dodgy lmao. I wouldn't like to walk across that. :eek: Love seeing that white organ, that doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. The main buildings look like they've been cleaned up a little more now, than pics from a while back.

Any idea's on whether they're going to make it all safe and do it all up, and re-open it again? or something worse? hope it's the first part.

Excellent pics again,

:) Sal

there has been a bit of a clean, on the left hand side of the island (as you look at it from the main land), is a mound of wood and a mound of metal.
so poeple have been in cleaning or was cleaning it up.
it was baught by urban splash who is going to convert it in to hotels or something but its going to cost about £4m to do it.

Ooh, fantastic stuff...can't think how I missed this one! :confused:
Great buildings. Love the way that nature's starting to take hold, even on a pier! :mrgreen:
Lovely pics, guys. Very interesting site. :)

Back