Blue and Peach Chapel June 2021

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunkyMuffin

Reaction score
HISTORY:

It‘s very difficult to find history on these old chapels as so many seem to have the same name. Either that or I’m lousy at searching for info (the most likely cause) This is all I could find
Ffrwd Chapel (Siloh) was built in 1840 and rebuilt in 1875 in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable-entry type

THE EXPLORE:

A lazy day driving around with a friend and fellow explorer who was kind enough to entertain me for the few days I was in Wales. All I supply is food and fuel money and I get a tour in exchange. Not bad if I do say so myself ☺️
This was a small but sweet chapel and as usual the lighting isn’t that great so excuse my bad photos, they were all taken with my phone.

4F079C84-FF22-4664-A853-C5EB3375297A.jpeg

F8FF4A5A-504F-41D8-9A2A-29A6F256CFA5.jpeg

6BCB5D08-0A08-4C71-AD64-2A39A306C488.jpeg

772D755F-B1F1-4FD3-9F7F-506B47356783.jpeg

8AABC77B-A7CD-4E70-BE92-406D6C4135C1.jpeg

16A81691-CA67-4D19-941D-FB24CEB01403.jpeg

5EE05BC9-C8C5-46B0-BBAF-AF09151C5CD3.jpeg

DB486ADB-8447-460E-9DCD-DC305B7C410F.jpeg

9FF1CCC1-306C-4B50-AED7-58696C47AC12.jpeg

Thanks for looking ☺️

Very nice, I have done around 2 dozen similar chapels in Wales it really is criminal teh amount just laying falling into disrepair.
Thank you BG that is most kind and I agree wholeheartedly, I wish they could be saved. Such beautiful buildings.

Very nice, I have done around 2 dozen similar chapels in Wales it really is criminal teh amount just laying falling into disrepair.
Considering how well built they were, once deconsecrated many could have a variety of other uses. I may have mentioned before that someone I knew bought a no-longer-used chapel or small church building, and converted it into a furniture making workshop. The very solid floor was ideal for supporting his saws, wood-turning lathes, pillar drills, etc. And the high roof provided space to construct an upper floor, to add to the ground floor area. Have any been turned into the now despised 'second homes'?

Considering how well built they were, once deconsecrated many could have a variety of other uses. I may have mentioned before that someone I knew bought a no-longer-used chapel or small church building, and converted it into a furniture making workshop. The very solid floor was ideal for supporting his saws, wood-turning lathes, pillar drills, etc. And the high roof provided space to construct an upper floor, to add to the ground floor area. Have any been turned into the now despised 'second homes'?

a lot seem to be antiques centres too these days

While chapel hunting I’ve found more that have been converted into homes than derelict. A lot I’ve come across are so completely sealed they‘ll probably never see the light of day again.

HISTORY:

It‘s very difficult to find history on these old chapels as so many seem to have the same name. Either that or I’m lousy at searching for info (the most likely cause) This is all I could find
Ffrwd Chapel (Siloh) was built in 1840 and rebuilt in 1875 in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable-entry type

THE EXPLORE:

A lazy day driving around with a friend and fellow explorer who was kind enough to entertain me for the few days I was in Wales. All I supply is food and fuel money and I get a tour in exchange. Not bad if I do say so myself ☺️
This was a small but sweet chapel and as usual the lighting isn’t that great so excuse my bad photos, they were all taken with my phone.

View attachment 512884

View attachment 512885

View attachment 512886

View attachment 512887

View attachment 512888

View attachment 512889

View attachment 512890

View attachment 512891

View attachment 512892

Thanks for looking ☺️
Beautiful little place 😍 x

Brilliant report. Must admit I have been useing my phone a lot in the churhes I visit though I really need to take some with the camera on a tripod as well

Brilliant report. Must admit I have been useing my phone a lot in the churhes I visit though I really need to take some with the camera on a tripod as well
Why thank you NC! It does become all to convenient to pull out a phone instead of messing around with a proper camera on a tripod I do have to admit. I must make the effort as well ☺️

Back