Bodie Ghost Town, California - picture heavy!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very interesting, I've seen a few pictures of ghost towns but this must be the best kept example.

This is unbelievably awesome. I actually want to got to the states because of this site. I just ho
pe it stays that way for a good few years as it will take that long for me to save up the reddies.

Do you have to get permission to gain entry or is it just turn up if you can find it sort of thing?

EXCELLENT FIND ABSOLUTELY AWESOME and some cars to boot SUPERB

theheap, no permission needed dude, you turn up, pay a National Park entrance fee (the park is a lot bigger than the town of Bodie), and off you go.

People on this board do explores week in, week out which are logistically waaaaaay more challenging than this - the only difficulty in getting there is its sheer remoteness - it's more than 40 miles drive from the nearest domestic airport in Mammoth, and more than 140 miles from the nearest international airport in Sacramento. In fact, it's 13 miles from the nearest proper road! We had planned to go from Yosemite National Park to Lake Tahoe as part of a Cali road trip, so this was a 'must do' detour for us. If you were going just to see this place it would be a heck of a pilgrimage though :)

Cracking stuff fella.

If you told me of this place I would say "pictures, or it doesn't exist".

Still find it hard to believe it's real. Liking this lots.

Fascinating report. Great pictures. Just realised I havent blinked for about 15 mins! Dont think I would be able to drag myself away from there. Cheers.

1st class report that on a very interesting subject and great photo's from the place which gives an atmosphere of what it is like. Thanks for shareing :)

Excellent pictures.

The car graveyard shot reminded me of a scene from 'vanishing point' but that was filmed in utah.

Was expecting to see Arch Stanton inscribed on one of those gravestones and at times it looked like the set of Kalifornia...mate,this report is really brilliant.

Superb! Absolutely no need for you little 'disclaimer' about not having to climb razor wire etc. This is a stunning place and it totally captures your imagination.

Brilliant post man. Thank you! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back