Boots P.Q.D labs Nottingham

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzyben

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
There isn't a great deal of history on this place that I can find but it opened at some point in the 70s and closed between 2005 and 2006.
They tested everything from drugs to household items like irons and candles.
I visited with crashmatt, kaputnik, ashless, 85 vintage and the revolution. Whilst we were in there we also bumped into Goldie and MD. Nice meeting you guys.

Electron Microscope
P5031529.png

Motors for erm well I don't actually know
P5031545.png

Lots of books lying around
P5031561.png

An autoclave?
P5031557.png

What a waste!
P5031534.png

The others can be seen here
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/bens13/Boots lab nottingham/

Thanks for looking

I'll add some of my pics onto here if thats ok, was nice seeing you guys :) Despite the fact pikeys have been in, there are still plenty of things to see. It also has nice views of nottingham castle.

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Marvellous stuff. Looks like a cross between a school and a mad scientists' play area.

I think it's an Ealing reflecting microscope. But really I've no idea, I just noticed the label.

V

Great pics guys....did you go in your new van ben ?? sorry i didn`t reply to your text i had a hell of a day and then forgot :(

As said it`s a great explore.

Ahh cheers for correcting me. It said electron microscope room on the door so we assumed thats what it was.

I'll add some of my pics onto here if thats ok, was nice seeing you guys :)

I didn't realise you guys were there at first as I was off on my own taking pictures. Went to talk to two of our group in the stores and then went for a wander in the dark basement where I saw six people (6 in our group). Only after you two walked off I realised six + the two I'd been talking to = eight. :eek:

I was having a slow day....

I will have to go have a look myself, looks good. Isn't it due to go soon?

Wilson Bowden have proposed or have permission for an office development for the site, but that was a year ago if not longer.

A 'Total Reclaims' board went up very recently outside, and work to clear the inside has begun, the same firm were very quick in clearing and demolishing some buildings close to this one.

Just got round to putting the pics onto my comp :eek:

I seem to be getting the hang of taking pics in low light, at least I think i am :)
DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1170.jpg

The Castle
DSCF1173.jpg

DSCF1179.jpg

Demo work has started here now.

I went past yesterday and saw all the windows and frames had been taken out. A guy I work with lives close to it and said they've pulled some of the back bit down, but not sure which part he meant.

Do it now!

Went past and had a look today.

A sizeable bit has gone, rear and to the right of where this pic of Goldies is taken from. The part with the roller cabinets and the storage area with the ass for the people that have been

DSC_0058.jpg

Access is ok still, for now at least.

Latest posts

Back