Botanic Gardens and Kelvinbridge Stations, Glasgow, July 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedDave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Many years ago (1978?), I entered the tunnels at Kelvinbridge (it was wide open back then), but without a torch, so decided not to go too far in. I didn't know at the time where it led. So I had to go back...

The tunnels are important to the history to urban exploration, as one of the first UE sites on the web documented the explorations of them and other abandoned tunnels under Glasgow by the Milk Crate Gang. This drew some bad press publicity and the the site was removed.

There are three stations on this stretch the line, Kirklee, only the platform of which exists, Botanic Gardens, and Kelvinbridge. Botanic Gardens was given the go-ahead last year to be converted into a nightclub, but this decision was reversed and they are safe for the time being.

Ventilation shafts
botanic01.jpg

History
botanic02.jpg

Looking back towards Kirklee
botanic03.jpg

Niche
botanic04.jpg

Looking towards Botanic Gardens
botanic05.jpg

Botanic Gardens station
botanic06.jpg

botanic07.jpg

botanic08.jpg

botanic09.jpg

botanic10.jpg

botanic11.jpg

I don't know what the number 37 signifies. Any takers?
botanic12.jpg

Electrical box
botanic13.jpg

We've exited Botanic Gardens, and this is the start of the tunnel to Kelvinbridge
botanic14.jpg

Niche
botanic15.jpg

Looking towards Kelvinbridge
botanic16.jpg

Kelvinbridge station
botanic17.jpg

botanic18.jpg

botanic19.jpg

Duct at top of tunnel, just before Kelvinbridge Station
botanic20.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent stuff, RedDave. Love seeing photos of the Botanical Station...great to see the other parts to it too. Really like your last pic. :)

AWSOME forgot half of this stuf existed so close to home :mrgreen:

heard talk about teh kelvin bridge tunnels years ago but never seen them unlike
the botanics station, just glad a certain mr king lost out on the chance to fill them with crap lights and shocking music and call it a nightclub do beleive he was calling it the underground hmmmmmm how original :lol::lol:

The stair have collapsed a lot in 2 years!! :cry: ... and they were dangerous then ...

Back