Brigstock Camp - February 2011 (Pic Heavy)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Priority 7

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
First a bit of history ripped from a site elsewhere on the internet:

“Brigstock Camp built 1925 and over the years was used for an Emigration Camp, an Army Camp, ATS and Land Army Camp, US Army Training School, and in 1960 Stewarts & Lloyds Steelworks purchased Brigstock Camp for £23,000 at an auction. One hundred people moved from Scotland to work at the Steelworks and used Brigstock Camp for their living quarters and paid between £2.00 to £4.00 a week in rent and were allowed to stay up to nine months to allow them to find suitable accommodation. Many did so in the new expanding Corby.”

There have been several reports before and mention of dodgy floors, after checking out a few of the huts it was obvious we would be snapping mainly the externals....

Brigstock029.jpg

Brigstock028.jpg

Brigstock027.jpg

Brigstock026.jpg

Brigstock025.jpg

Brigstock024.jpg

Brigstock023.jpg

Brigstock022.jpg

Brigstock021.jpg

Brigstock020.jpg

Brigstock019.jpg

Brigstock018.jpg

Brigstock017.jpg

Brigstock016.jpg

Brigstock015.jpg

Brigstock014.jpg

Brigstock013.jpg

Brigstock012.jpg

Brigstock011.jpg

Brigstock010.jpg

Brigstock009.jpg

Brigstock008.jpg

Brigstock007.jpg

Brigstock006.jpg

Brigstock005.jpg

and a few Panoramic's for good measure:

Brigstock004.jpg

Brigstock003.jpg

Brigstock002.jpg

Brigstock001.jpg

Last edited:
Was a really interesting place to visit, I thought I'd seen some dodgy floors in places before but these were something else entirely!

Will dump a few pics of my own from today in here soon

Was a really interesting place to visit, I thought I'd seen some dodgy floors in places before but these were something else entirely!

Will dump a few pics of my own from today in here soon

Yeah apologies forgot to mention Mookster was my fellow explorer on my batch of explores.

Great shots indeedy but it looks so clapped out it looks like a good gust of wind would level it!

nice work dudes
we went for a look today too
the floors have gotten really bad since i went last time !!

did you find the tramps nest?
photo.jpg

Wow, not much longer in time for some of those structures. Considering they are pulling close to 100 years of weathering, just shows you the resilience of wood in some parts of those buildings (especially the roof truses).

Back