Brinksway Air Raid Shelter, Stockport

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishmaster

Reaction score
Was amazed with this place, like a step back in time and quite mind blowing to imagine having to bed down in there.

Tunnels go for quite a distance and it could be easy to get lost if you dont know your way around:

Brinksway.01.jpg

Brinksway.05.jpg

Brinksway.06.jpg

Brinksway.11.jpg

Brinksway.15.jpg

Brinksway.16.jpg

Brinksway.17.jpg

Brinksway.18.jpg

Brinksway.22.jpg

Brinksway.24.jpg

Brinksway.25.jpg

Brinksway.27.jpg

Brinksway.30.jpg

Brinksway.32.jpg

Brinksway.33.jpg

Brinksway.34.jpg

Brinksway.35.jpg

Brinksway.36.jpg

Brinksway.39.jpg

Brinksway.40.jpg

Brinksway.44.jpg

Re: Brinksway Air Raid Shelter - Report - Stockport

Love the colours in the tunnels. excellent. What are those large pipes on the right hand side in pic 3? At first I thought it was primitive toilets, with no partitions separating them. Till I saw the other large pipe further down into the tunnel, those hadn't been damaged. any ideas what they were used for? (the pipes i mean lol).

Not seen pics of these air raid shelters before.

Cheers,

:) Sal

Very nice, looks a good place to explore.

S

Love the colours in the tunnels. excellent. What are those large pipes on the right hand side in pic 3? At first I thought it was primitive toilets, with no partitions separating them. Till I saw the other large pipe further down into the tunnel, those hadn't been damaged. any ideas what they were used for? (the pipes i mean lol).

Not seen pics of these air raid shelters before.

Cheers,

:) Sal

Those are toilets mate, there used to be partitions, but they are long gone now:mad:

These are very near to me,

I've been to the officially opened ones on Chestergate which look very similar.

I knew there were some other shelters in Stockport but heard they had been bricked up.

These are very near to me,

I've been to the officially opened ones on Chestergate which look very similar.

I knew there were some other shelters in Stockport but heard they had been bricked up.

PM me and Ill give you exact details if you like mate :mrgreen:

Brinksway Air Raid Shelter

Please, Please, Please, can somebody help me to find how to acess the Brinksway Air Raid Shelter and the Dodge Hill Air Raid Shelter as I have no idea where the access points are? I have looked all over the internet and can't find the directions. Please, Please, Please Guys

If anyone wants to help Ulstertower then please do it via PM. No discussion of access or security here please.

Good explore

Cracking photo's. Looks like a good explore.

Neosea it is indeed a good explore. For example, I found my-self walking around every corner of it and saying to my-self "there is a shot", "there is a shot" etc...

Back