British Sugar, Ipswich, April '08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
IMG_7287.jpg

After a hearty Explorers breakfast at a far too early time Duck, Cavewheel and I headed off to the sweet sticky delights of British Sugar at Ipswich.

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7241.jpg

IMG_7251.jpg

Bumped into another large group of explorers, which was a bit of coincidence, oh and a pikey with a saw, security must have been having a fun day.

IMG_7266.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

The whole site, although now deafeningly silent, still has an industrious atmosphere
IMG_7253.jpg

Electrics Room
IMG_7258.jpg

IMG_7261.jpg

More Electrics of sorts…
IMG_7271.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

British Sugar - Ipswich - April 2008 - REPORT

After an early breakfast cooked by duck; me, Duck, and UrbanX all set off for our first visit to British sugar at Ipswich (and not our last), via a quick look at Scotts Fertilizer Plant (thanks for driving duck).

here's a few pics (some mine, some I think are ducks, he was using my spare camera as he had forgotten his), did not take as many as I thought, so will be back as the place is cool.

Love this Chimney
IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Boiler throwing up
IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

Would not want to fall in
IMG_3123.jpg

If you did you would defiantly need a shower
IMG_3116.jpg

Last edited:
Re: British Sugar, Ipswich, April '08 - REPORT

Lots to see there, by the look of it and looks an interesting site. Good pics, guys...that chimney's great and love the one looking up beneath the pylon, UrbanX. :)

Not sure! Not sure what all the rooms were! It was pretty industrious where we were so I doubt it! Have you been?

Been quite a few times now, always find different things. Admin is a totally different buidling to the industrial part, full of trophies, has a laboratory, was really good to be able to get in.

Security did however lock us in to the main industrial part when we were there in the morning though! Had to climb out of the place LOL, was a heart stopping moment as we saw him shut us in!

Wow, no def didn't see that!
You know your a good explorer when you get locked in, not out!
I think it is raw sugar, the whole site is sticky...!

Security did however lock us in to the main industrial part when we were there in the morning though! Had to climb out of the place LOL, was a heart stopping moment as we saw him shut us in!

not that could be embarrassing, having to ring security or the police to get let out:mrgreen:

I was trying to think of an Urbex bumper sticker slogun last night, came up with "Urbexers do it without anyone noticing..."

Latest posts

Back