Butlins Triangle Railway station (Filey)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have a look on www.hunmanby.com an check their achives. they have abit of info about the line and wot-not;)

thats where i got the photos from when it was open.

i have been to this site many times if you go up to the end of the platforms there is loads of old fairground trucks i think they belong to the funfair across the road as one has whites written on it and they own whites old waltzer- just one thing watch out as some of the manhole covers are missing

cheers

filey.jpg
fileygoogle.jpg

Pic showing the end of the line and the location of the tunnel.

Last edited:
Brumski, you have made me very happy now seeing that old overheard pic of Butlin's Filey. It's wierd now to see old pics from here, it looks nothing like that now. :( And the left hand side, of Butlin's is now owned by PVHC (Well, Bourne Leisure grrrr!!!). Including the wonderful rock gardens. That aren't rock gardens anymore, they've all been pulled up and got caravans on them now :cry: The only thing that was part of the rock gardens are the steps. grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

:) Sal

I once stayed at a Heaven Holidays camp near Filey, I wasn't sure if it was this one. My Dad did mention it was a Hi-De-Hi style camp until the chalets were pulled down & replaced by caravans.

primrose valley was there before butlins as a camp. primrose valley started life as a airfield and butlins was raf humanby moor in ww2

cheers

Nice report. I had a look here last month as well as I was staying in Hunmanby for the weekend. Lots to see in the area, also paid a visit to RAF Bempton.

Did you see the 2 mounds of rubble to the right of you as you come down the steps from the road? I suspect they were the old toilet blocks (as you can see tiles and pipes amongst the rubble). Seemed odd how they knocked it down but just left it in a heap!

I've just got back from Primrose and I've got a few photo's to stick up in a short while.

It was quite comical, as I asked the Warden, "do you know where the old railway station is?"

W: "No, sorry, never heard of it"
M: "well, I've seen some photo's of an old railway station and there is a tunnel under the road that used to link to this site"
W: "Ahhh, now that's interesting, because a hole has opened up over there just behind my caravan, I wonder if that's it"
M: "well, if you don't mind, I'll go have a wonder about"
W: "let me know if you find anything, as I'd like to take a look"

So when I got back after a walk around the station and the tunnel, I showed the pictures to the warden. You can see the light coming in from the hole at the end of the tunnels now, so hopefully they'll fill it in before some kids fall down it !!!

KIF_0482.JPG

KIF_0483.JPG

KIF_0484.JPG

KIF_0485.JPG

KIF_0486.JPG

KIF_0488.JPG

KIF_0489.JPG

KIF_0490.JPG

KIF_0491.JPG

KIF_0492.JPG

KIF_0493.JPG

KIF_0494.JPG

The hole:
KIF_0495.JPG

Last edited:
I found this postcard in the Museum of York:

2622490594_3f08cebe41_o.jpg

I'm sorry about the quality, it was on display in a glass case.

Latest posts

Back