Can I or not ?

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexdan

Reaction score
I’m embarrassed to say that I got lost near my home. A bonus was I saw this already discovered by Seahorse

Google Maps

My question is, am I allowed to metal detect here?

I’m embarrassed to say that I got lost near my home. A bonus was I saw this already discovered by Seahorse

Google Maps

My question is, am I allowed to metal detect here?

Not sure if u will get a response on here about that, maybe a metal detecting site will be better!

Looking at the street view of the area it looks to me that this area is surrounded by cornfields so metal detecting in a cornfield will not please the farmer. Looking further there seems to be a lookout tower and some other buildings nearby but they are surrounded by a cornfield. I couldn't find the post that Seahorse posted a pity you didn't link it.

Ask the landowner? lf they are ok and you hold a metal detector permit then crack on.
Not really sure what that location shows though.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ask the landowner? lf they are ok and you hold a metal detector permit then crack on.
Not really sure what that location shows though.

Not that I'm into it and have no idea but do you need a 'permit' to use a metal detector on private land?

Not that I'm into it and have no idea but do you need a 'permit' to use a metal detector on private land?
I'll be honest, I dont know the ins and outs of it, seen it often referred to that without one is illigal. What or why? No idea. At a guess. I'd imagine a simular thing to a CB radio, a cheap yearly charge and that's it.

I'll be honest, I dont know the ins and outs of it, seen it often referred to that without one is illigal. What or why? No idea. At a guess. I'd imagine a simular thing to a CB radio, a cheap yearly charge and that's it.

Hahahahah....me neither but now I'm intrigued so found this:
https://finds.org.uk/getinvolved/guides/codeofpractice

Haven't scrutinised it but on a quick scan can't see anything about a permit just permission and consideration for public liability insurance.

I feel better now :biggrin-new:

Hahahahah....me neither but now I'm intrigued so found this:
https://finds.org.uk/getinvolved/guides/codeofpractice

Haven't scrutinised it but on a quick scan can't see anything about a permit just permission and consideration for public liability insurance.

I feel better now :biggrin-new:
After a Google, your right. No permit needed in general.
I live in Berkshire, on the edge of Windsor forest. Might be where I heard the requirement from Aston metal detect on crown estate you require one from them, and as my town is built on former crown estate land and surrounded by it, the need is pretty common.
Otherwise. It looks fairly easy to get into.

After a Google, your right. No permit needed in general.
I live in Berkshire, on the edge of Windsor forest. Might be where I heard the requirement from Aston metal detect on crown estate you require one from them, and as my town is built on former crown estate land and surrounded by it, the need is pretty common.
Otherwise. It looks fairly easy to get into.

Go on .....you know you want to now :highly_amused:

Back