CANCELLED: The Big DerelictPlaces 10th Birthday Meet.

Help Support Derelict Places:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I won't be able to come down to this. Would have really loved to, to meet you all, but the distance for me plus family commitments mean I won't be there. Hope you all have a great time!

thats a shame, was looking forward to meeting you, and discussing exploring, photography & Joy division :(

Hoping I can make this. Still TBC

HughieD

Super Moderator
Staff member
DP Supporter
Veteran Member
Reaction score
thats a shame, was looking forward to meeting you, and discussing exploring, photography & Joy division :(

Hoping I can make this. Still TBC

And me too with you mate...we'd have had plenty to talk about! Photography, exploring and Joy Division are my three favourite topics. Next time eh?

gingrove

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of bringing a sticky label with 'Urban-Dorset' written on it for me. Otherwise people tell you their name and then 5 mins later you've forgotten. Well, that often happens to me anyway. Maybe it's an age-related thing.
Glad I'm not the only one! I'll keep an out for stickers! :D

I

ironsky

I'm afraid I can not make it after all. A suggestion, would people be interested in getting together at Sheffield for a one off event and meet in Bankers Daft making it easier for members in the north to meet up?.

I

ironsky

I meant it as suggestion nothing more,I don't mean to hijack the thread sorry.

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
No worries, but if you could hold off until this has happened I would appreciate it.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
Is anyone else struggling to find cheap hotels? A montha ago it was all "£51" but now it's closer to the time, it's all like "£180"!
Shame as the Ibis is in Explore Lane!

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
As far as I can tell all the hotels in central and even suburban Bristol are fully booked?!? I had no idea things like that happened.

I've had a few people contacting me with the same problem, and I'm seriously thinking about cancelling this date in favour of one in a few months so people have plenty of time to plan/book and get cheaper hotel rooms? Is there anyone who is planning to come on the 11th that has already booked non refundable hotel rooms etc? I don't want anyone to lose out if I postpone it.

Last edited:

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
What about the hotel's recommended? I haven't checked yet.

When I said full, I really mean full. I've searched a bunch of hotel booking websites and there's only a handful of rooms available across the whole of Bristol for that weekend, and they're all on the outskirts of Bristol and cost upwards of £180+ each. I really had no idea it got that busy here.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
When I said full, I really mean full. I've searched a bunch of hotel booking websites and there's only a handful of rooms available across the whole of Bristol for that weekend, and they're all on the outskirts of Bristol and cost upwards of £180+ each. I really had no idea it got that busy here.

Yep that's exactly what I'm finding! D'oh!

smiler

Veteran Member
Reaction score
It happens Boss, twas going to be my 70th birthday present, :(, never mind, Ive bin wanting to revisit a few ROC posts so maybe I'll do that. Thanks for trying,:)

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Right, due to a number of people I (and others I'm sure) would really love to meet not being able to make it on this weekend, either due to the date, or the problems with finding somewhere to stay, I'm proposing postponing the meet to a date in January. This will hopefull give people plenty of time to make plans, book time off work/family and book cheap accommodation. I have started a thread with a poll about this for you to feedback, if you could fill it in asap that would be good:

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/website-news/31646-re-10th-birthday-meetup.html

I

ironsky

I know when I was looking to booking a hotel for one night I needed to lay down the prices were unbelievable. Even a hostel was £49 per night then I read the review of the place no wounder it was the only one free. The trick is book in advance as much as possible but the date must be confirmed.

smiler

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I know when I was looking to booking a hotel for one night I needed to lay down the prices were unbelievable. Even a hostel was £49 per night then I read the review of the place no wounder it was the only one free. The trick is book in advance as much as possible but the date must be confirmed.

That might be Banksy's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts