Cane Hill 2007: Observing The Disintegration Of The Titanic

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic piccies, epic explore. Thank feck for people like you who document places like this.
Thanks.

Great stuff, Simon. I've recently heard/read that admin is now under threat from the demo ball due to structrial problems (bomb damage) that wasn't originally detailed in the local listing :confused:

Do you have a link for that?

I think the future of all the remaining buildings is very uncertain, especially if the Homes and Communities Agency (formally English Partnerships) concentrate on building closer to Coulsdon.

All the best,
Simon

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be a rehash of times past, but all you have done is made me remember the summer of the demolition that I spent running the corridors and doing some crazy things...

Do you have a link for that?

I think the future of all the remaining buildings is very uncertain, especially if the Homes and Communities Agency (formally English Partnerships) concentrate on building closer to Coulsdon.

All the best,
Simon

Sorry not a link, the usual chat amongst explorers really. Alex (sure you know who I mean) seemed to suggest that they've since reviewed the listing on admin because of the previous oversight of the WW2 damage on it.

I could be wrong as when I last visited in Jan/Feb they were making a decent effort to board up admin. Although since seems to be wide open again.

"More please "as little oliver said

This is truly a post that we should all aspire too.
Its in depth narrative alone paints a historical heartfelt story of modern day explorers in search of the ever elusive glimpse of our past and sharing it with all.
The words and pictures full of a quality and passion that compliment each other.
There’s another world out there, all people have to do is open their eyes.
And you guys did that for me
And for that I thank you.
SK :)

TUNNEL_LOCK-2.jpg

Fantastic report Simon.
I'm sure I'm not the only who first got into urbex by finding your site first, and being absolutely inspired. I lost nearly a week of productivity at work when I first found it! The laundry shot is so iconic. Looking forward to the sequal! :mrgreen:

Fantastic report Simon.
I'm sure I'm not the only who first got into urbex by finding your site first, and being absolutely inspired. I lost nearly a week of productivity at work when I first found it!

Busted :lol:

that's precisely how I found this place ;)

Now I'm half way thru losing another week by trawling posts here :eek:

Fantastic report Simon.
I'm sure I'm not the only who first got into urbex by finding your site first, and being absolutely inspired. I lost nearly a week of productivity at work when I first found it! The laundry shot is so iconic. Looking forward to the sequal! :mrgreen:

thats exactly how i got into it too. lived in purley and often wondered what the 'castle on the hill' was but it was only years later with the invention of t'internet that i discovered what it was [and kicked myself for not knowing and going there sooner before i settled down and had kids]. found simon's site and fell in love with the whole urbex thing. but only since having 2 kids who are now growing up can i go and enjoy these places. and when they are much older i will involve them in the [to quote friends and family] ''the strange hobby you have''.

simon, you are an inspiration.

wow that was brilliant! I really enjoyed reading that - it drew me right in as if i was there myself. Well done :)

Latest posts

Back