Cane Hill 2008: A Pictorial Record Of The Interior Organisation Of The Water Tower

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats a great read thanks for sharing:)

an excellent report too
cheers
matt

Parts of the climb are a little dodgy if i am honest, but then when i went we didn't take the normal route up to the top lol

and this strange basement, first i have heard

EDIT - i think the boiler house may be RIP too

Whilst we were there the roof had gone from the boiler house and the interiors had all been cleaned (to remove the asbestos). But it was still standing... just.

All the best,
Simon

Yeah, the over head pictures i have show the muncher going through the roof :(

We really need to move our asses and get to this place!

And considering the me part of our team is a pussy
anyone fancy joining?!
does anyone how quickly this demolition is moving?

We really need to move our asses and get to this place!

And considering the me part of our team is a pussy
anyone fancy joining?!
does anyone how quickly this demolition is moving?

PM me when you have it enabled - we'll sort some Urbex-peditions!

arrgh noes!!

gorgeous write up there simon. :D they're working on that place rather quickly... sad in a way seeing as i can remember going there with so many folk. (nearly every weekend at one point. :rolleyes: )

nice views from the top too btw.

Excellent report mate,
Not for the claustrophobic towards the top :mrgreen:
Hope you dont mind me posting a few pics...

Taken in July from top of the tower
DSC_0092.png

And the sunset
DSC_0084.png

Great read as always when I check out your stuff!

I may not of been a regular to the 'Hill' but glad I did get to see it with Mr. Bones (and the rest of the motley crew), especially after reading and viewing all the info on your site. I suspect there going to be a lot of people who'll really miss this place! If I remember rightly theres even a certain someone with a large tattoo of the plan of Cane Hill (like in your diagram) on their back...now thats dedication!

Just to echo everyone else's comments -you've done well -and hopefully anyone who does not approve of Urban Exploration will read your report and see what it's really all about :)

Great work. Pleased to hear that you finally made it back for one last visit.

Lb:jimlad:

P.s. -I wait with baited breath to see those Cellar pics! :radar:

Thanks to everyone who replied. I've always wanted to climb the water tower and figure it out - I didn't expect it to be so much 'fun' getting to the roof though.

I'll get the story of the mysterious underground rooms posted here soon. Don't get too excited - but it's a fun story and if we hadn't have investigated it then I would've always been wondering about them.

All the best,
Simon

What an awesome read.I've never been up the water tower there but I don't really feel the need to especially after reading this it describes the ascent so well.It must still feel pretty special to have a bird's eye view over the hill.

Latest posts

Back