Cane Hill Hospital stuff on ebay

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my initial reaction when i seen the 'classic lamps' and 'midlands'

however, i see no enamel lampshades, just bulbs.

Lots of GEC clocks and stuff though.... Leicester perhaps?

what the fuck is "leicester" meant to mean Jack?

Aah, think something got confused somewhere.

The GEC stuff on that ebay account is all streetlights and lamps and bulbs from what I could see, not clocks. I thought that's what GEC in Leicester did, shows how much notice I take sometimes. ;)

i think jack has got confused
must be all that stale air when he is stealing from ROC posts :)

If people were that worried I would have thought they would have asked the seller before coming on here with thinly veiled accusations and negative views!

I bought a door from him, Nice bloke, all of his stuff from Cane Hill is legit and would have certainly answered any questions anyone may have had.

If people were that worried I would have thought they would have asked the seller before coming on here with thinly veiled accusations and negative views!

I bought a door from him, Nice bloke, all of his stuff from Cane Hill is legit and would have certainly answered any questions anyone may have had.

Thing is Lilli the amount of stolen stuff out there, that we now of that comes from some quarters who have in the past sold stuff on eba.. Lets face it do you believe everything you are told :exclaim:. its a case of buyer beware you get caught in receipt of stolen goods. Its your own fault, do your homework, ask questions if it doesn't smell right walk away and report the sod. leave it to the people who run these sites and the police to investigate.

What is left of the community has already been damaged by this shit anyway so we basicly all get tarred with the same brush surprisingly :(

I knownothing of this fella, but glad to see it's err-ing on the side of legit.

I know him personally. He's absolutely legit. He gets permission from landowners / demolition contractos and pays them for salvage.

All the best,
Simon

Good grief!! Well we won't be inviting any of you to our home if you jump to conclusions as quickly as that. You'd be dialling 999 as soon as we sat you in the livingroom.

Kind of, but i still maintain that if someone is that bothered about something then they are better off calling crime stoppers and letting them sort it out than coming onto an internet forum and bitching about it.

Thing is Lilli the amount of stolen stuff out there, that we now of that comes from some quarters who have in the past sold stuff on eba.. Lets face it do you believe everything you are told :exclaim:. its a case of buyer beware you get caught in receipt of stolen goods. Its your own fault, do your homework, ask questions if it doesn't smell right walk away and report the sod. leave it to the people who run these sites and the police to investigate.

What is left of the community has already been damaged by this shit anyway so we basicly all get tarred with the same brush surprisingly :(

I agree with do your homework, ask questions if it doesn't smell right walk away and report the sod .... a few things that no one on here did before getting out the blame stick, having been on the wrong end of something like this myself I have learnt that people find it a lot easier to jump to conclusions than learn the facts.

Ha! It's all been said, right to flag it up but Classic Lamps is Legit, and also puts a lot of time into restoring any of the items he has acquired and sold.

I am in two minds about this - I mean in one respect its not nice for him to steal stuff but secondly, the building has been demolished and wouldn't it be nice to have some remnants from CH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back