Cannington Viaduct, Uplyme, Devon.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very pretty pics!
Considering I lived in Devon for 29 years, it's amazing how many things I haven't seen. Have to go back someday and show my wife all the sights (and sites! Hehehe)

I was there t'other day, and it looks like someone's been up there, as I found the splattered remains of (what looked like) a telly underneath. Fantastic, interesting place!

...I found the splattered remains of (what looked like) a telly underneath. Fantastic, interesting place!

That's a shame! :( Hope it doesn't start to get used as a dumping ground around there.
It is interesting, isn't it! Did you have a chance to look at Shapwick Grange quarry just down the road while you were there?

Cannington 'duct

No foxy, I did not. I will have a look for that next time I'm over that way.

This week I did very quick recce's of two quarry's. both on the Axminster road. One is long abandoned, the other may still be active.

Watch this space, or if you have any info, give me a shout.

This week I did very quick recce's of two quarry's. both on the Axminster road. One is long abandoned, the other may still be active.

Watch this space, or if you have any info, give me a shout.

Do you mean Kilmington, by any chance? :mrgreen:
I look forward to seeing which ones you mean, and if you need any info on Shapwick give me a yell. I've visited there three times now. The last time it looked as though it was being worked again but only in a restricted way. Maybe for gravel extraction?
Cheers. :)

Well Kilmington is one of them. T'other is not far away.

Think I know where you mean. ;)
That one's a bit off my route, as I don't drive and have to use public transport. Did kilmington last year but it was live, but not on the day that we went. Can't say anymore than that on a post but pm me for details if you need to. There's a report of the last year explore on here. :)

Foxy, I will try to get in touch in the next few days - seems we have important info to exchange.

If you can PM Me with contact info, then please do. I can't PM yet, as far to immature!!

Viaduct

Wow, just visited the cannington viaduct, was a lot bigger than i expected, amazing though. Had a bit of trouble driving down the small lanes in the mud but we got there, heh.
Thank you for informing me of this, never would have realised it was there :) I'll post some of the photos i took when i get to a computer :) x

Back