Central Power Station,Bromborough,-03-10

Help Support Derelict Places:

kevsy21

Regular Member
Veteran Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
606
Reaction score
457
Location
liverpool
In 1918 Lever Brothers built a power station on the banks of the Mersey on what was to become Commercial Road.
The station was called Central Power Station and had three coal fired boilers and a 5 Megawatt generating set manufactured by Siemen’s Brothers.
By the 1950s Central Power Station was producing power for the various Lever’s factories around Port Sunlight and Bromborough, both of the Villages and for other companies operating in the Bromborough Pool area.
In January 1997, Unilever announced that Merseyside Power Station would close, with power distribution being handed over to MANWEB, at the end of 1998.
Visited with Georgie(cheers m8)
bridgeandpowerstation341.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation322.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation313.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation320.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation311.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation317.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation306.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation310.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation316.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation332.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation325.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation336.jpg


bridgeandpowerstation333.jpg
 

Latest posts

Top