Corsbie Hall Hotel, Thornton, July 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedDave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Corsbie Hall Hotel, a.k.a. Strathore Lodge Hotel, was originally the matron's accommodation for Thornton Fever Hospital, and is close to the road south of the hospital buildings.

corsbie01.jpg

In the kitchen.
corsbie02.jpg

corsbie03.jpg

corsbie04.jpg

corsbie05.jpg

Lounge bar.
corsbie06.jpg

corsbie07.jpg

corsbie08.jpg

corsbie09.jpg

A pint of heavy and a bisto, please.
corsbie10.jpg

The other bar.
corsbie11.jpg

corsbie12.jpg

corsbie13.jpg

corsbie14.jpg

Second floor corridor.
corsbie15.jpg

corsbie16.jpg

corsbie17.jpg

There was a fire escape here.
corsbie18.jpg

corsbie19.jpg

corsbie20.jpg

Chintzy bar alert!

That kitchen unit with drawers behind a door is interesting.

Bloody chavs!!

Went up there today & unfortunately between when I recce'd it on 10th December & today the local chavs have been up there despite both houses being occupied & torched part of the hotel!! :mad:

The roof is now missing & the upper floor above the Osprey lounge bar is now wasted! :(

Bad news indeed, especially considering the place had hardly changed since I was there in summer 2007. At least, thanks to our efforts there and other places which suffer similar fates, we have a record of what the place once looked like.

It would otherwise have been long forgotten. In 2007, I visited Kirkcaldy library, and they had very scant records of the hospital. I knew more than the librarians could find out, because of reports on 28DL and another non-UE web site, which shall remain nameless (you probably know what I'm talking about).

It was my first proper exploration, and was ideal for rookies because there was quite a lot to see and no security, which was why the fire was inevitable. There are still the ward buildings, I suppose. They're still intact?

By the sound of it it was only the main building.

I've been in contact with a guy who's dad worked at Fosterton Firs, a nursing home using the site and house behind it with a path between. He scanned and sent me some old pics of the place.

I also had mail from someone who's relatives ran the hotel when it was Corsbie Hall sharing some info.

Very rewarding. I might try to go back soon.

That's a shame, it was a nice little explore. I wonder if it was neds or an insurance job! Wouldn't be the first time.

The hospital buildings are still intact aside from the plaster falling off the ceiling & several floorboards being broken/removed, I'll post up a pic or two when I get the time to show the damage (Took several hundred pics of the whole site!!:lol: )

I have about 180 pics of this place, and there are a few areas I haven't been in yet. Quite a few are out of focus as well lol.

Damn shame though. It's the Bisto bar that burned I think?
DSCF0622Medium.jpg

The Bisto bar is still doable (Even still has a Bisto tin on the bar top!:lol: ), there's just more rubble to climb over now.

Looks like they set fire to the room above the bar as that's where most of the damage was

Latest posts

Back