Culham ROC Post-Oxfordshire-Jan2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

combat

Reaction score
Culham Open August 1960 Closed Sept 1991. In overgrown compound . Post has been fire damaged with only the bed frames remaining, all unboltable exterior features have been taken . The post is partially filled and is extremely damp with moisture everywhere. I declined the offer to climb down to the interior on this one and sent my son down instead. quite hard to locate next to the river thames
Has a type 28 pillbox nearby.
IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

Thanks for looking

Could have saved you a wasted trip there if I knew you were going to visit, pillbox is the only thing worth looking at. There is another at Longworth with the lid off and may be in the same condition, did not have a torch so did not go down to look. The one on top of Streatley hill is ina well overgrown compound and is locked up tight. Might be able to gain acess if you found out how the land owner is.

The post is partially filled and is extremely damp with moisture everywhere. I declined the offer to climb down to the interior on this one and sent my son down instead.
Now THAT is what having kids is all about !!!:mrgreen:

Of course i could see it wasnt a 91 closure - i was being sarcastic! Perhaps the addition of a (...) would have helped!

The lack of green paint, the size of the vents (and lack of louvres) and the locking bar are all dead giveaways

Of course i could see it wasnt a 91 closure - i was being sarcastic! Perhaps the addition of a (...) would have helped!

The lack of green paint, the size of the vents (and lack of louvres) and the locking bar are all dead giveaways

Hmm i'll believe you... You just fail at being sarcastic then lol :p

Latest posts

Back