Curiously Carribbean!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightbuoy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Curiously Caribbean

A lot of the Caribbean was once occupied by the British, as well as the French & Spanish, amongst other Countries. Some of the Caribbean Islands are still part of the British Commonwealth, and although I have a basic knowledge of history in the Caribbean, it still came as a surprise to see certain items / objects, survivors from a bygone age.

Old Bedford Lorry on the road to Columbus Bay, Trinidad
dscn0136.png

dscn0135.png

Post box in Port of Spain, Trinidad
dscn1293.png

Traffic Signals Control Box in Port of Spain, Trinidad
dscn1285.png

dscn1286.png

More to be added!

Lb :jimlad:

I love finding old British made stuff in Malaysia as well.

We've got tons of those old Bedford trucks still running about. Most have lost their
metal doors and now sport half wooden ones instead with simple metal door hooks
to keep it secure.

Sadly you hardly see any Bedford's on the road anymore. Having said that, they were well known for their reliability and durability.

I love finding old British made stuff in Malaysia as well.

We've got tons of those old Bedford trucks still running about. Most have lost their
metal doors and now sport half wooden ones instead with simple metal door hooks
to keep it secure.

Sounds like those wooden doors add something of a comedy value! :lol:
Still, as long as it gets ya from A to B, then the cosmetics must take a back seat.

Sadly you hardly see any Bedford's on the road anymore. Having said that, they were well known for their reliability and durability.

Saw a few last time I was there. Slow, smoky -in fact I'm sure that the smoke screen from these babies inspired the same on the James Bond car! ;)

You still se a lot of Bedford O models converted into buses in Malta!

Sounds fascinating -any pics? :)

P.s. -is the one I photographed a model 'O' -I had a feeling this was a 'TK'? Sort of a half guess though.

Thanks Foxy -apparently the sea used to come right up to where the current road is situated.

Most of Port-of-Spain is reclaimed land. The lighthouse was built on what was at the time, the edge of the city, in the mangrove swamps.

Back