Darlton Gaps Farm, nr Tuxford - July 08

Help Support Derelict Places:

85 Vintage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This was the first place I went to after dropping the 'rents off. It's on the side of the road so easily noticeable.

I went onto the OS site and looked at the map to see if the farm had a name. All I could see was the farm then 'Darlton Gaps' under it. So guessing the area is called Darlton Gaps, maybe the farm was, Darlton Gaps Farm? :confused:

The house itself has suffered a fire at some point, but looked to be in the roof space, as one end the roof was gone completely gone and could see into the roof at the other end from inside. The 1st floor floor in the more intact end was gone completely aswell. But the fire didn't look like it had damaged the 1st floor that much and the ground floor at all. There was nothing left inside at all though.

S7300617.jpg

S7300599.jpg

S7300603.jpg

S7300622.jpg

S7300620.jpg

S7300606.jpg

S7300609.jpg

S7300611.jpg

S7300613.jpg

Some fancy looking gutterign supports
S7300618.jpg

Small pens, for chickens? :confused:
S7300604.jpg

S7300616.jpg

S7300605.jpg

Rest are HERE

losttom

Veteran Member
Reaction score
The pens look like what they have in catteries/boarding kennels
Was there an inside area as well?

Foxylady

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Nice explore. Love seeing the wooden beams against the brickwork and the fancy guttering supports are great.
I did think at first that the pens could be pig sties but they don't look quite large enough.
Cheers :)

85 Vintage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The pens look like what they have in catteries/boarding kennels
Was there an inside area as well?

No there wasn't. The pens pens were covered and in the 1st pic of them you can make just see the full height wall starting, was 3 sided. So only movedment was forwards into the half wall height and through gates/doors that had been taken off.

It was very over grown so didn't have a look, but could get down the left side. Not sure what was down there, pic taken from inside the house

S7300612.jpg

but it would have led to this building and behind that wall.

S7300596.jpg

RichR

Reaction score
I grew up here, 1956 - 69. Sad to see it like this. My father and mother ran it as a dairy farm: 32 acres and a herd of Ayrshire cows. There was an orchard: Victoria plums, bramley apples and conference pears. A magnificent horse chestnut grew at the end by the entrance. Under its shade shade we sold the plums to passing motorists. The hawthorn hedges, dog roses and oaks, all ripped out now, the surrounding countryside devastated by agricultural policy and greed. Bleak in the winter, featurless in summer. After we left it was converted into a kennels. Cobb, the farmer next door, bought the land, ripped everything out and put it down to arable. So much lost.

Latest posts