Derby GNR Warehouse, April '11

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImmortalShadow

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I realise this has been where most of the Derby (and maybe other places) urbexers started, but I've waited for 6 years to do this place, saw my opportunity and went with two other friends.

"The (Derby) Friargate Line is a now closed railway line that was part of the Derbyshire and Staffordshire extension of the Great Northern Railway. It linked Nottingham and Grantham to the east of the East Midlands counties to Burton upon Trent to the south west of the area. The route cut a direct line through the midlands industrial city of Derby whereupon an impressive warehouse was constructed, large sidings and the pretty Derby Friargate Station. The line had such an impact on Derby, Friargate and the surrounding areas that it became known as the Derby Friargate Line.

It opened as Derby in 1878, was renamed as Derby Friargate in 1881 and was closed to passengers in the September of 1964."

Doorways & Invisible Stairs by jessnphoto, on Flickr

Plants by jessnphoto, on Flickr

Derelight by jessnphoto, on Flickr

Some of the grafitti in abandoned places is amazing, this place is no exception...

Eye See You! by jessnphoto, on Flickr

Does anyone know why this car's in here in the first place?

Grafitti & A Car by jessnphoto, on Flickr

I failed to get photos of the basement (which I saw), so will hopefully go back some time soon. Thanks for looking :)

Hello..great to see this place however many times it`s posted...nice pics fella

Latest posts

Back