Derelict abandoned farm and house in Dorset. Lots of photos.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filmknight

Reaction score
I happened across this site whilst working. As a sales rep I get to drive around a bit and I after driving past this farm I decided to return on a day off to have a look around. The farm is on the Dorset/Somerset border. From looking around the farm it seems to have been a dairy farm which was confirmed by some of the farmers milk certificates I found. I did photograph them but decided not to post them as they had the farm name on them which would give away the location.

The farm was in quite a bad state of disrepair as you can see from some of the photos showing falling apart buildings and sheds but there was still some interesting farm machinery and paraphanalia around.

Gaining access to the inside of the farmhouse was a simple affair as you can tell from the photos. Inside there was lots of 'stuff' still around like clothes and kids games and books. There were letters and mail all over the hall and from looking at dates I would say the farm has been disused from around 2006.

From searching on the net about the farm I found that planning permission was applied for in Nov 2010 and granted in Feb 2011 for demolition of the house and some of the farm buildings and to restore the barn. I guess I got here in time before it disappears!

Nearby I found a no longer used quarry site that I also looked around.

The Farmhouse
139.png

An outbuilding
138.png

One of the downstairs rooms in the farmhouse
137.png

Farmhouse attic
136.png

Living room
135.png

Upstairs bedroom
134.png

Upstairs bathroom
133.png

Upstairs bedroom
132.png

Kitchen area
131.png

Another living room
130.png

Yet another living room
129.png

Garage attached to house
128.png

Back of house
126.png

Inside an outbuilding
125.png

Outbuildings
123.png

122.png

121.png

120.png

119.png

117.png

Milking Shed
116.png

Main Barn
115.png

114.png

I steered clear of whatever was beyond this gate!
113.png

Another barn
112.png

Now at the disused quarry site
053.png

054.png

055.png

056.png

057.png

Buildings near the quarry
069.png

070.png

060.png

058.png

Inside the building. Bizarrely there were two dead foxes in here. You can see them at the bottom right of the photo.
059.png

It's my pleasure :)

It was actually very rewarding, personally, finding something that I hadn't read about or been told about!

Great find, and some great shots...

Turning green with jealousy with so many great finds on this forum...

Must get out more..

:)

Thanks for the feedback.
This website has a lot to answer for. Since finding it, my drives at work take much longer as I'm constantly looking around for new places to explore. :rolleyes: lol

Latest posts

Back