Derelict Pub in the West-Midlands

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gowongiggle

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

This is my first post but I was shooting derelict areas for my university photography project and came across this amazing location. From research, the last time this pub was used was 2015 but what is insane is how everything has been left completely still. It's evident these spaces are in use due to paintings found dating 2017 however drinks are still left half full and letters are still being moved within the doorway. We didn't explore upstairs however there are apparently 4 bedrooms with en-suites. The entire location was eerie and definitely one of the best derelict buildings I've been able to enter just due to how much nothing has moved. Sadly ran out of film by the time we found it however I hope these photos convey how cool the location is (my lecturer didn't like them much ahaha).

IMG_4796.jpg
IMG_4811.jpg
IMG_4799.jpg
IMG_4900.jpg
IMG_4785.jpg
IMG_4887.jpg
IMG_4880.jpg
IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

Good effort.
Worth exploring as much as is safe/possible and try to check kit/equipment before hand if it's a planned visit.

Pretty good for a first post. I wonder why your lecturer didn't like the pictures? Maybe they were not artistic. But to me, you have an indoors shot and a picture of the outside of the building. The pictures which are missing are the cellar and the upstairs bedrooms. You learn as you go along. Maybe needs a revisit. Well done.

Excellent first post - is that a scalextric track suspended form the ceiling in one room? How cool is that? The shots looked well enough composed to me.
What is attached to the ceiling appears to be a sleepered railway track, perhaps 0 gauge or wider. I like the 'fencing' either side of it - in case the loco or train becomes derailed. On the current TV series about what Hornby is producing now, a woman has built a 'carousel' that consists of a circle of track on the lower part with a loco running on it normally and, on the upper part, a circle of upside down track to which an upside down loco is held in contact with the rails by magnets glued to the under side of the loco - which is upside down as well. The loco ran but fell off; stronger magnets or their repositioning needed.

What is attached to the ceiling appears to be a sleepered railway track, perhaps 0 gauge or wider. I like the 'fencing' either side of it - in case the loco or train becomes derailed. On the current TV series about what Hornby is producing now, a woman has built a 'carousel' that consists of a circle of track on the lower part with a loco running on it normally and, on the upper part, a circle of upside down track to which an upside down loco is held in contact with the rails by magnets glued to the under side of the loco - which is upside down as well. The loco ran but fell off; stronger magnets or their repositioning needed.
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!
Be careful about what you wish for! As a child, I laid two parallel lines of Hornby O gauge rails the length of the stairs to the unused second floor of my grandparents' house. I then built out of Meccano a wheel-house to sit at the top, and connected two highly-detailed bogie Pullman carriages together with a long piece of string that ran around the large pulley in the wheel-house. I was trying to copy the funicular inclined plane on the Lee Moor tramway in Devon that - up to the start of WWII - had carried the clay from the china clay pits on the moor down to Plymouth, for transport by ship around the coast to London, etc. I'd walked the incline and much of the route of the tramway with a school chum. Happy days!

Be careful about what you wish for! As a child, I laid two parallel lines of Hornby O gauge rails the length of the stairs to the unused second floor of my grandparents' house. I then built out of Meccano a wheel-house to sit at the top, and connected two highly-detailed bogie Pullman carriages together with a long piece of string that ran around the large pulley in the wheel-house. I was trying to copy the funicular inclined plane on the Lee Moor tramway in Devon that - up to the start of WWII - had carried the clay from the china clay pits on the moor down to Plymouth, for transport by ship around the coast to London, etc. I'd walked the incline and much of the route of the tramway with a school chum. Happy days!
I thought you were going to say as a result grandfather went to the foot of his stairs faster than he intended!
The world needs more characters like you!. If you were capable of that as a child I wonder what you achieved as an adult?

Excellent first post - is that a scalextric track suspended form the ceiling in one room? How cool is that? The shots looked well enough composed to me.
The Crook of Devon Inn near Kinross has exactly this set up, with model trains running around a track at cornice level. Worth a look in passing, can't recommend the food they serve, but I went there after exploring Castlebridge Colliery (now sadly gone, RIP) about five years ago.

I thought you were going to say as a result grandfather went to the foot of his stairs faster than he intended!
The world needs more characters like you!. If you were capable of that as a child I wonder what you achieved as an adult?
Thank you. Attached are pics from the 1950s of the then derelict Lee Moor tramway incline plane rope haulage. I also attached a garden barrow to our Atco mower to make it a ride-on version. In Lesotho, in the 1970s, I suggested using cattle to compact the bulldozed soil when a 'sheep's foot roller' could not be got up mountain tracks for the construction of an airstrip for the Lesotho Highlands Water project. Edward de Bono's 'lateral thinking' in practice.

Attachments

• AAAC6112  JPEG.JPG
    AAAC6112 JPEG.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Tramway crossing Launcestion branch.PNG
    Tramway crossing Launcestion branch.PNG
    667.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Lee Moor Tramway  clay wagon train.PNG
    Lee Moor Tramway clay wagon train.PNG
    562.2 KB · Views: 84
... Edward de Bono's 'lateral thinking' in practice.
Lateral thinking seems to be a dying skill especially nowadays, I think people have things a little too easy so the need to use personal initiative has gone out of the window. :(

No we could only handle one Hayman

No we could only handle one Hayman
Where's yer stamina!? You're lucky it's HaymAn, not HaymEn! I took my setp-father's surname when he and my mother were married; it coincided with a change of school. And in Buckfastleigh in the 1950s there were three separate Hayman families.

Latest posts

Back