derelict water mill,northumberland 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlosthejackal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
krela if this aint in the right place feel free to move it chief :)

ok,visited today with Beast2009 (thanks for the intel on this place bud!)

sorry i can't tell you guys much about this place coz i can't find any info!
all i can say is,,lovely place,great old building,and if i win the lottery this place is MINE!!!! :mrgreen:

the exterior
29befyx.jpg

situated on a lovely stretch of the river coquet
o720lu.jpg

where the old water wheel would have been,notice the grooves in the wall and the holes for the 'shaft' (har har!)
kdu1oy.jpg

venturing inside.......the light in this place was amazing
the stairs are like weetabix so steady as you go!
wveoeu.jpg

the old mill wheels,loved this room :)
v3zuih.jpg

more wheels,with lots of pigeony goodness! :sick:
29bkahs.jpg

and finally my ham-fisted attemt at 'tagging' myself using lightpainting :lol:
28l7zp0.jpg

more photos to come but my steam powered pc can't take any more!

Never fails to amaze me, the quality of photography on DP, well done Carlos , some beautiful images of a lovely building

cheers ricasso!
lovely explore this,different from anything i've ever done.i could have stayed here all day :)

Oooooooooooh these are the places I love to see. Seeing the millstones still there and intact and the grooves for the waterwheel are great. It looks like it's in a glorious spot too. I can see why you'd buy it if you won the lottery. :)

Excellent pics, I really do like this.

Cheers,

:) Sal

glorious it is indeed sal!
the rivers full of brown trout and there aint a soul around for miles....what more does one need ? :)

WOW!!! Unreal mate, I cannot believe I havent come across this on my walks around there! Its a stunner of a building. Could you PM me a flashearth link mate please? Class shots again:)

can't do a flash earth thingy m8 but ill pm you some details :0)
sorry me pc's being awkward lol

The view looking up the staircase is brilliant :exclaim: great shot :)

Excellent, thats a really nice place you found there matey.
After seeing that, its made me even more eager to get a move on and see the one thats quite local to me.

Thats a lovely building. :)

It looks so peaceful there.

I'm suprised that developers have left this one alone? It's great to see most of the interior left intact - I wouldn't fancy using those stones to mill flour now (but then again there's probably worse stuff goes into our food).

Excellent find. Thanks for sharing.

Yep I hope you win the lottery then cos that's a great looking building! Really well captured & you're right the light in there looks spot on! Nice one! :mrgreen:

In reply to Sausage and sqwasher - remember looking around this about 10 or more year ago and some time after someone set about renovating it or at least having matrials dropped ready to make a start. Not long after the area had a sizeable flood (as this river occasionally has) and I suspect whoever was going to start the work reassessed that his luxury, riverside mill-house may occasionally have a semi-permanent water feature previously known as the ground floor.

Great pix carlos - you've reminded me to take a look back at this one

Think you spoilt the set with your tagging even thoughit was environmentally more friendly. Nice to find a place like that and I love the mill wheels still there the place also looks to be in good condition.
I found one on Anglesea last year and asked the owner if it was possable to take some pictures, he was most helpfull and showed me round the place telling me how it all used to look like and work. He is currently converting it into a house which looks over towards Snowdon and is keeping as much of the workings in it as possable. If you guy's want I'll start another thread with some of the pictures.

Latest posts

Back