Disused Theme Park Scarborough

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK421

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I visited this theme park a few times as a kid. Since I now live close by, it would be rude not to pay it a visit, I even got the missus to come with me:mrgreen:

The site first opened as a Zoo and Marineland, and finally became Mr Marvells theme park, it closed in 1999, with most of the assets being sold off, the rollercoaster going to Knowsley Safari park.

The site has been covered a few times on this and other forums, but I always find it very sad that these places that were once so full of life are now totally lifeless, (apart from chav's wrecking what remains of course) so I wanted to share it with you all.

There is little left to see, and the area is supposed to be in a regeneration scheme along with the 1932 ampitheatre, however what I could glean from the internet it seems an obvious victim of the current recession.

Entrance, I noticed today that you can see the original 'zoo' wording on the roadway:

DSC_0320.jpg

Ornate building

DSC_0304.jpg

Chav damage

DSC_0315.jpg

Chair lift

DSC_0312.jpg

Way out indeed!

DSC_0311.jpg

Chair lift workings

DSC_0310.jpg

Dinosaur leg

DSC_0307.jpg

Volcano's in Scarborough

DSC_0308.jpg

Amphitheatre

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0318-1.jpg

Handrail

DSC_0319.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nice one

Was this place near the water park?I seem to remember chair lifts many years ago...very interesting all the same.

Stu

Looks like the kind of place my folks used to drag us to when we were kids.

Latest posts

Back