East London/Havering/Essex

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdok2horrid

Reaction score
Hello I'm an explorer from Havering and I am fairly experienced in finding my own loactions locally and have visited places like St George's in Hornchurch, and Harold Wood hospital. Would love to talk with other local explorers about any sites!

I'm not an explorer and come here to appreciate the photos and the history of these derelict places, and show my support for the intrepid explorers.
But - I remember the places you mention. I used to visit both hospitals regularly and my daughter was born in Harold Wood Hospital - nowadays an exclusive residential area, like so many old hospital sites.
I think previous posts here have covered the old Goodmayes psychiatric hospital in Ilford, but I I don't know if anyone covered Warley in Brentwood or the more recent closure of Runwell Hospital near Wickford

The destruction of hospitals and the loss of so many inpatient beds is criminal, but that's another story.

Back