Ecclesgreig House, St Cyrus

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, nice pictures!

Is this Ecclescrieg open to the public at the moment? I would appreciate any information you could give me.

I'm a working with a paranormal group in Northumberland and I find this location is particularly interesting

Cheers John

Whatever the story is, you're on a hiding to nothing.

Don't try and patronize me, I have seen many buildings in disrepair like this one - open to the public or with no signs, security etc to say otherwise! I don't appreciate your arrogance when I asked a simple question.

If this location is closed to the public, fine that's all I needed to know!!

I thought you meant 'open to the public' as in some kind of manor house attraction with a tea room and red ropes preventing you from touching family portraits from the 18th century.

I'm just about to get the history signed off by Gavin and the family but it will be a couple more weeks before I get it on the website.

I'll PM you a link to the transcript as soon as I finish it in advance.
I'm just in the middle of reading Bram Stokers Dracula to verify a piece of info Gavin gave me first.
Would love to know and see more about this place. Have you got any photos and/or history info I could view on the interweb please?
Thanks.

Would love to know and see more about this place. Have you got any photos and/or history info I could view on the interweb please?
Thanks.
Since this thread has resurrected itself, I had a quick Google and all I can find of Steve Perks is a blog with a couple of kit reviews - Steve Perks Photography
Suspect he jumped on this thread to do a spot of self-promotion, but has moved on to another hobby as 12 years have passed.

General point - the owner of Ecclesgreig is a chap with history, and it appears he and the former owners (the Forsyth-Grants) aren't on the best of terms. A few things have already been published on Ecclesgeig and the estate, but some of the tales circulating about Michael Forsyth-Grant may not be entirely based in fact, if you get my drift...

Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm interested in this area for a few day visits and found this gorgeous building and gardens, also the old graveyard and a few other old deserted buildings around the nature reserve. I find history fascinating but have only found out a few spotty bits of info about this place so far and not many interior pictures. Unfortunately the pictures that have been posted here just say unavailable now. I presume it's because, as you say, this thread is rather old. I'm curious about the house and the repairs that have been started but then seem to have stopped again and the gardens look beautiful, they definitely need exploring! I hope I get to visit one day, you never know, maybe I'll be the one to post some new pictures to share with everyone!
Yes, I get your drift! I've found some recent articles appear on searches too, and no, unfortunately there's not that much info on Mr Perks interior photos of Ecclesgreig.
Thank you so much for your time and help, I'll keep investigating!

Latest posts

Back