Fenton House, Manchester 05/22

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bignickb

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I got stir crazy and took my camera out in the hope of finding something appropriate, I had a place in mind but as I passed this site I decided to have a closer look, it looks like some local alchies are squatting there. It certainly smelt like it! They were all sat on a wall nearby so I took the chance that it would be empty. Thankfully it was.

I've passed this place so many times over the years so it's been on my radar for a while! The building next door was a hostel for wino's and somehow they managed to burn the whole place down, but Fenton House survived.

It's a 7 bedroom Grade 2 listed building, each room has a kitchen and bathroom so it could have been a collection of apartments or a hotel. It is up for sale but the value is unwritten and could go lower if left! It has the potential of being a really nice place - so long as the broken window's are replaced, Pikied copper renewed, mould removed and a whole new roof installed.

It was great to finally get a look.

The lift door was open on the top Floor while the car was at ground. This could be a recipe for disaster!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/y166/bignickb/_DSC28

71b.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

One of the chairs is an Ikea Poang, which I often spot around mostly because I have one in my lounge.

Back