Ferry House Fish Farm, April 2021

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbexdevil

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Being in Oxfordshire out on a work job and this place being local gave the perfect opportunity for a few well over due urbex trips and obligatory McDonalds.

Having seen this place shared about quite a bit I was quite excited to go see something quite so grand. Despite the typical vandalism, I was still not disappointed only other than my pictures being less than my usual standard but still! It’s been a while.

I was slightly baffled by how this place could possibly be a fish farm until finding the remains of the farm way out the back of the gardens and even more confusing, stumbling onto what appeared to be a live section of the fish farm.

The added bonus of it all of course, various rooms still set up for staged shots from previous explorers.

History borrowed from Mooksters report as I can never be bothered to write my own these days.

The large rambling house was converted into a fish farm in 1952 and then refurbished in 2003, it gained a good reputation within fisheries circles until it closed it’s doors in 2018 after the deaths of it’s owners. The property was handed down to family members but has been left derelict ever since.

DSC04630.jpg
DSC04634.jpg
DSC04638.jpg
DSC04646.jpg
DSC04653.jpg
DSC04664.jpg
DSC04667.jpg
DSC04669.jpg
DSC04671.jpg
DSC04674.jpg
DSC04678.jpg
DSC04685.jpg
DSC04692.jpg
DSC04694.jpg
DSC04695.jpg
DSC04697.jpg
DSC04702.jpg

Being in Oxfordshire out on a work job and this place being local gave the perfect opportunity for a few well over due urbex trips and obligatory McDonalds.

Having seen this place shared about quite a bit I was quite excited to go see something quite so grand. Despite the typical vandalism, I was still not disappointed only other than my pictures being less than my usual standard but still! It’s been a while.

I was slightly baffled by how this place could possibly be a fish farm until finding the remains of the farm way out the back of the gardens and even more confusing, stumbling onto what appeared to be a live section of the fish farm.

The added bonus of it all of course, various rooms still set up for staged shots from previous explorers.

History borrowed from Mooksters report as I can never be bothered to write my own these days.

View attachment 508992View attachment 508993View attachment 508994View attachment 508995View attachment 508996View attachment 508997View attachment 508998View attachment 508999View attachment 509000View attachment 509001View attachment 509002View attachment 509003View attachment 509004View attachment 509005View attachment 509006View attachment 509007View attachment 509008
Hi
Great photos, great place. Can I ask was it easy to access?
I would love to take a visit.

Still my favourite explore to date! Some have been close but something about this place. Your pics are beautifully done

Hi

You need a star ship with warp drive capabilities as the house is on the planet Kronos. When you arrive it's hidden with a cloaking device and guarded by heavily armed Klingons, but if you pronounce some Klingon words correctly and in the right order, they may let you in.

You need a star ship with warp drive capabilities as the house is on the planet Kronos. When you arrive it's hidden with a cloaking device and guarded by heavily armed Klingons, but if you pronounce some Klingon words correctly and in the right order, they may let you in.
The first word you need to learn in Klingon is Hello - tlhIngan Hol.
If I did know better I'd think you were taking the p☀️☀️☀️.

Hi
I think what the above comments are trying to say is that it's not really the done thing to pop up without even saying hello and ask for details without doing any leg work whatsoever.

Or they could actually have a spaceship with warp drive and speak klingon 🤔

Last edited:
I think what the above comments are trying to say is that it's not really the done thing to pop up without even saying hello and ask for details without doing any leg work whatsoever.

Or they could actually have a spaceship with warp drive and speak kingon 🤔

Shh, don't tell everyone! Warp drive could be dangerous in the wrong hands...

I mean, no... of course I don't have a space ship 🙃

Latest posts

Back