Fiction House - October 2020

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Derp_Lane

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I first came across this location quite a few months ago unexpectedly. This cottage had an unsettling feel upon my first attempt to visit it, although this was down to childhood memories associated with my grandmas old flat, which was in a similar condition to this. Although it was evidently abandoned and had been for at least 3 years with the doors & windows all left wide open. It took me 3 visits to finally go inside & explore it. This was certainly one of the strangest & discomforting places I have found which had not been documented & explored for all I knew. Inside, it is completely cluttered with all kinds of items as a result of many years of hoarding. It soon occurred to me in one of the bedrooms that the small black TV & hot water bottle in one of the rooms was where the previous owner slept & spent their time watching TV. A very sad reality knowing that this was how someone lived their life before departing, not something that could be staged to something else, this is as genuine as you can get. Even the WC was out of bounds and the kitchen cabinets & fridges could not be easily accessed. The property itself was likely built in the early 1800s but was completely refurbished internally back in the 1970s, the condition of the house is now very poor, overgrown and has many years worth of cigarette tar on the walls and ceilings.

For obvious reasons regarding the current situation on the local derp houses, all photos have been thoroughly checked making sure no hints of the location or obvious window shots are shown.

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

DSCF0042.JPG

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0036.JPG

DSCF0026.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

DSCF0045.JPG

DSCF0059.JPG

DSCF0070.JPG

DSCF0073.JPG