Fort de Choisel. ***IMAGE INTENSIVE***

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shall retire to the shadows :)

Then retire to the shadows of a fort, it's much more fun! Seriously, it isn't hard to find the majority of them simply by mooching the sat pix. :)

think i have to up my game a bit..

Cheers Bex, much appreciated. But I wouldn't worry if I were you, your reports have their own eligence!

Are you interested in WW1 forts in Belgium...

Cheers Will, oh yes, we're interested alright! Thanks for that, that will be great. The Belgian forts were what held up the German army in 1914 and gave the BEF time to get to Mons where they first met them. Arguably had the Belgian forts not proved such a thorny obstacle then the Germans may well have knocked out Paris in the first weeks and the war and the subsequent history of Europe would have been very different.

So bloody interesting. Thanks for giving me the yearning to get out to Europe again. It will happen and this time for exploration off the tourist trails. I love these reports. Keep them coming.

Fantastic find, and pics. Goes to show how much remains under our feet if we're prepared to look for it. Hats off to ya both!

Oh and that cupola is asking for some creepy pose light painting action!

Absolument phénoménal!! Also liked the historical intro. explaining why the forts are as they are :cool:

Absolument phénoménal!! Also liked the historical intro. explaining why the forts are as they are :cool:

Thanks for that Chris. If it's of interest to you I've already done several other reports on about half a dozen or more of these forts which Tracy and I have explored, some of which still have their ordnance in place in intact turrets. If you search "Verdun" you should find them all.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

Latest posts

Back