Fort James, Tobago, West Indies

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightbuoy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Fort James, Tobago, West Indies

dscn0768.png

dscn0774.png

dscn0772.png

I was told that the Fort was built from Coral rock?
dscn0773.png

All around Trinidad & Tobago are stray dogs, known as "Pot Hounds"
At this Fort, was no exception.....
dscn0778.png

dscn0783.png

Cute eh? :)

Not much to see, but set in a lovely location.

Thanks for looking,

Lb :jimlad:

That is a cool find. I guess the 'pot' hounds will eventually put in the pot and eaten? They look good to eat :mrgreen: The coral rock is interesting. Thanks for the photos.

That is a cool find. I guess the 'pot' hounds will eventually put in the pot and eaten? They look good to eat :mrgreen: The coral rock is interesting. Thanks for the photos.

Not unless there is a Chinese construction site nearby. My brother was an engineer on a school that was being built by a Chinese firm in San Juan and there were always a number of stray dogs around. After the firm started the school you could'nt find a stray dog anywhere near the site.

What a nice place to go to, dont think I'd be lucky enough ever. That coral rock is so uniform, very strange! Also those pups are so cute. Nice to see. :)

Hmm, I'd prefer to take them home as pets, rather than for dinner! ;)

Thanks for your interest :)

Not unless there is a Chinese construction site nearby. My brother was an engineer on a school that was being built by a Chinese firm in San Juan and there were always a number of stray dogs around. After the firm started the school you could'nt find a stray dog anywhere near the site.

Could just be a co-incidence? :sick::lol:

P.s. -I guess that gives a whole new meaning to the "Pedigree Chum" product though? :mrgreen:;)

Really good to see that the guns are still there. Interesting piece of history too, Lb. :)
Cute doggies. :mrgreen:

Chaaars m'dear (they were small enough to put into me pocket -wish I'd taken one home with me now) -that's the dogs, not the canons

There's quite a few old Forts around the Island that still have the Canons. All the ones I visited were free to get in too :)

What a nice place to go to, dont think I'd be lucky enough ever. That coral rock is so uniform, very strange! Also those pups are so cute. Nice to see. :)

Thanks for your comments -much appreciated :)

I agree, very blessed to have had the opportunity to travel to the Caribbean -especially since the current situation with money etc. :(

Latest posts

Back