Frisby Farm, Leicestershire, Aug13

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Here’s a spot of rurex I did last month, just on the outside of Leicester, near Houghton. No history on this one, so I’m going to hazard a guess that it’s been derelict maybe 20 years, and could be between 100 and 200 years old. The wallpaper and light fittings date back to an unfashionable age. The yard consisted of a few buildings in very poor condition, but the farmhouse itself, was more recently abandoned. It had been recently re-boarded up, but someone (presumably kids) had found their way in; fortunately for me. I don’t know what the future is for this place; someone obviously cared enough to re-board it, but its condition is deteriorating. Because of the boarding, it was extremely dark inside, and as this was a solo explore, a little unnerving.

IMG_7033.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7043.jpg

IMG_7044.jpg

IMG_7046.jpg

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7057.jpg

IMG_7068.jpg

IMG_7070.jpg

thanks for looking :)

The 4 panelled door, the simple bannister and the tiled fireplace would make it 1930s, I reckon.

Spookily I used to live a couple of miles from Frisby and had no idea this was there. Nice find :)

The 4 panelled door, the simple bannister and the tiled fireplace would make it 1930s, I reckon.

Spookily I used to live a couple of miles from Frisby and had no idea this was there. Nice find :)

Thanks for the info mate,
its difficult to age some buildings

Latest posts

Back