General Urbex Photos Thread!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thompski

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I can't be bothered to post a report, or I feel there isn't enough photos or interestingness to justify a dedicated thread - so I've created this thread! All you need is a photo or two (keep the numbers down to this) and a place name and post it here!

Rooftop of Salford Royal Hospital
3482405210_fb3ec83538.jpg

High Peak College, Buxton
3476932096_d867ed6989.jpg

Buxton Lime Firms
3477034884_fd55937117.jpg

Fantastic idea! There are so many places that only have a couple of interesting pictures, not deserving of a full thread but still interesting in their own right.

I'll see what I can dig up.

I love that last picture, it's got that 'the devil lives here look about it' :lol:

I agree, sometimes it's just not possible to get enough together to warrant a full report, or you just can't get access inside for interesting shots! I personally like architecture & history anyway so for me even external shots can be very interesting anyway.
Here's a couple of my random shots:

Brinton's Carpet building, Kidderminster:
2187941965_050b8f4e3a.jpg

Co-op Building, Birmingham:
2828101447_8fdbb862af.jpg

National Standard works ambulance, Kdderminster:
2188728710_e018e61094.jpg

Ludgate Hill, Birmingham:
2761162084_a8c8dcb5fd.jpg

More here: My Flickr set..

Great idea for a thread, not sure about the title though.

Iv a few:

Whilst in Italy this time last year, I was exploring randomly, and found a couple buildings.
First building, and features, included what looked like an underground storage area.
Flash-Earth Linky.
dscf0455.jpg

By tomnuttall1989

dscf0457.jpg

By tomnuttall1989

And another interesting storage type place, HERE.
dscf0067.jpg

By tomnuttall1989

If I think of any more, ill post them, and look forward to other posts, thanks.

Good idea for a thread, :) Here's a few of mine,

Mendo and Fairygirl 'trying' to move a lever on a derelict rail line lol.
Miscellaneous2487.jpg

Part of the lime kilns at Buxton Lime Firms Ltd
BuxtonLimeFirmsLtdBuxtonDerbyshi-28.jpg

Bridge and Lock on the Chesterfield Canal in Worksop, Nottinghamshire
ChesterfieldCanalWorksopNottingh-10.jpg

Model of Lancaster Pilots in the Lanc over at RAF Scampton Museum
Miscellaneous034.jpg

The Red Arrows in their Hanger, again at Scampton
Miscellaneous069.jpg

and lastly, one sat on it's own on the runway.
Miscellaneous061.jpg

Cheers,

:) Sal

Last edited:
OK, maybe my opinion will be unpopular, but what a shite idea for a thread.:lol: Maybe I have had a beer or ten too many, but I think Krela's "standards" thread needs to be read again. Not that I am disrespecting anyone posting here previously, but is this just not a way of circumventing it? I really think if you are going to all the effort of posting some pictures of an explore, you should at least put a little effort into the research and story behind it (or employ a Zimbob to provide the background info, like I:mrgreen:) Come on guys, share your experiences and your knowledge and information! Take a report from, oh I don't know...let's use Wolfism as an example, he does the research, gives the background story and provides the pics. Is this not what we are about? Or are we just random picture posting whores?:p

Mods, please feel free to correct, amend, delete where appropriate, but I feel it had to be said.:(

Zimbob to do the research, Bryag to test the floors and ladders. What a team! :mrgreen:

OK, maybe my opinion will be unpopular, but what a shite idea for a thread.:lol: Maybe I have had a beer or ten too many, but I think Krela's "standards" thread needs to be read again. Not that I am disrespecting anyone posting here previously, but is this just not a way of circumventing it? I really think if you are going to all the effort of posting some pictures of an explore, you should at least put a little effort into the research and story behind it (or employ a Zimbob to provide the background info, like I:mrgreen:) Come on guys, share your experiences and your knowledge and information! Take a report from, oh I don't know...let's use Wolfism as an example, he does the research, gives the background story and provides the pics. Is this not what we are about? Or are we just random picture posting whores?:p

Mods, please feel free to correct, amend, delete where appropriate, but I feel it had to be said.:(

this compliments what was said in the standards threads.

Here people can post afew pictures that wouldn't make a full scale report but are of an interest to others.

Keep going I say! :mrgreen:

my 2 pence at any rate

I've had about ten beers come to think of it. I think this thread is a good idea, we all do stuff which doesn't really need a full report - does anyone really want to see another report on High Peak college? I feel my pictures do nothing for that particular location so threads like this are a good idea.

I hate to have to say this, but this thread is not helping derelictplaces reputation. Theres nothing wrong with the pictures but its just the thread itself. Its all coming down to standards again, and other forums are starting to rip the piss out of DP for it. I personally dont really care what other people think, but as others have said i think we need to tighten up the standards slightly, and hopefully this will see more people joining and less people leaving DP, because that is whats happening! The title of this thread is not a good example to others viewing the forum either. Sorry but i just dont want this forum to be ridiculed again and again, its obviously starting to turn people on us.:(

As a fairly new member I would say this thred is actually a very good idea :) I dont always open up all the posts but when i seen this one some times all you want to do is see some kewl pictures and not necesarily look through the history of it. if people could keep their individual postings on a a thred like this then maybe the standard will increase on the other threds, hoping that everyone can keep to it ;)

good thinking !!

Aye the thread title wasn't the best decision I must admit, however I believe this thread addresses the issue of these 'standards' - instead of clogging up the forum with threads for stuff which doesn't really need its own thread, those photographic efforts can go here instead. The forum viewer will know what to expect from the thread title.

...I just dont want this forum to be ridiculed again and again, its obviously starting to turn people on us.:(

Dumpty, I understand how you feel, and the pride you obviously feel for DP, as I feel the same way. BUT, tbh, I honestly don't think it matters whatever we do, as people in some quarters will always find something about us to ridicule. And, as someone who's borne some of the brunt of that piss-taking, I say feck 'em! :mrgreen:
Tis a great idea for a thread, imo...but I do agree that the title could have been a bit better! :lol:

Last edited:
I hate to have to say this, but this thread is not helping derelictplaces reputation. Theres nothing wrong with the pictures but its just the thread itself. Its all coming down to standards again, and other forums are starting to rip the piss out of DP for it.(

As far as I know, there's only one that does that, and they've been doing that for years, so I don't think we need to worry about that one!

I personally dont really care what other people think, but as others have said i think we need to tighten up the standards slightly, and hopefully this will see more people joining and less people leaving DP, because that is whats happening! (

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dumptyboy;111247The title of this thread is not a good example to others viewing the forum either.[B said:
Sorry but i just dont want this forum to be ridiculed again and again, its obviously starting to turn people on us.:[/B](

As far as I know, there's only one that does that, and they've been doing that for years, so I don't think we need to worry about that one!

...however I believe this thread addresses the issue of these 'standards' - instead of clogging up the forum with threads for stuff which doesn't really need its own thread,....

I'm open minded about it atm, but i'm not totally sure it will stop the crap threads appearing. People might not know/remember about this thread. Or people will think their post is better than crap and start a full thread regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back