General Urbex Photos Thread!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nurses Quarters.

North Wales Hospital. Denbigh.

NWH10.jpg

That first one is beautiful mate. The last one doen't count because it's in your dungeon :p
Awesome shots dude, you should post more often!

548454_413026888760415_525713718_n.jpg

Has anyone got any idea what the last picture is as its some sort of decompression room but I just call it the U-Boat in the cellar

It has the look of a recompression chamber for hyperbaric medicine. Was this shot taken in an abandoned hospital facility? Some time ago I remember reading that there is some sort of therapeutic effect for some conditions of being put under higher than atmospheric pressure and breathing gas mixes with great than normal o2 concentrations. It does not look like a diver's recompression chamber as it doesn't look like it's designed for the much higher pressures used in such situations.

Just my three penneth.

PS... please note - REcompression chamber... the well known term "decompression chamber" is a misnomer as the chambers above water used to raise pressure higher than atmospheric are known with the suffix re and not de. I only mention this incase someone with their PC head on corrects me! Personally I always call them all decompression chambers cos I'm a Jack Custard fan!

"Banged Up In Denbigh" :)

This was the pathetic attempt, by that hideous team that goes by the name of Most Haunted, in trying to create a padded cell for their visit to the Asylum. What a complete sham that was :mrgreen:

I couldn't resist the urge though ;)

silentden5.jpg

Have you seen what they have done in the staff building too? :(:(

It has the look of a recompression chamber for hyperbaric medicine. Was this shot taken in an abandoned hospital facility? Some time ago I remember reading that there is some sort of therapeutic effect for some conditions of being put under higher than atmospheric pressure and breathing gas mixes with great than normal o2 concentrations. It does not look like a diver's recompression chamber as it doesn't look like it's designed for the much higher pressures used in such situations.

Just my three penneth.

PS... please note - REcompression chamber... the well known term "decompression chamber" is a misnomer as the chambers above water used to raise pressure higher than atmospheric are known with the suffix re and not de. I only mention this incase someone with their PC head on corrects me! Personally I always call them all decompression chambers cos I'm a Jack Custard fan!

well that sounds about right to me (but I'm not a Doctor) as its in a recently closed hospital in the former east Berlin that tried to heal people naturally I think but this is the only thing worth seeing there as the hospital is being converted into homes now it seems

First explore/Holton Heath

I know this place is quite popular on here, but its local to me and did my first ever explore recently. Not as easy as I thought to get into but made it inside, my heart though was going like a bugger! (was on my own)It was daytime and raining hard. Very addictive, need to go back as loads to still see! Camera is quite an old digital one and I don't know what half the buttons do!:confused:
DSCF4498.png
DSCF4497.png

i just wanna test my ability to post photos..bear with
381993_471006629616115_419791001_n.jpg

a photo taken very recently at severalls!

Last edited:
Safe to say there was no getting into Healings Mill today, the whole site was under about a foot of water plus plus plus...

8217580710_c600c02c6e_c.jpg

8216495973_9dbe27d0ff_c.jpg

8217580054_c88efc2f6e_c.jpg

The water is halfway up the palisade!

8216495851_aebd327dc5_c.jpg

8217580166_4482719a79_c.jpg

Corr, some sweet shots on here, so I'll ruin that with this! Just love the coincidence!

IMG_2709.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back