Ghost Ads

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one from Bath,this is a bit indistinct in places but the shop to have a wide range of services on offer.I can make out

stationary
cycles
hardware
toys and fancy goods
haberdashery
sundries
and last but not least a lending library

I guess they survive in the Bath area because Bath stone is so spongy and sucks up the paint, making it very difficult and expensive to remove entirely.

I guess they survive in the Bath area because Bath stone is so spongy and sucks up the paint, making it very difficult and expensive to remove entirely.[/QUOTE

I worked for years in the building trade in Bath and if a building had been painted the only way to strip it was to take off a thin layer of stone,a long time consuming and expensive business.

I thought I'd got 'em all from Bath But Here's one I missed

4tlHvUIl.jpg

ZvxoDL3l.jpg

and a detail

qUC4Ddal.jpg

There's a lot of stuff like this around Coventry, especially with the transport and factory links. I'll try and get some photos for the thread.

Oh man I'm loving that Nissan Silvia!

cheers dude! but its an R32 Skyline, so you were close!

had only just got it back about an hour before that pic was taken... had a drifting 'incident' in the woods a little while ago!! You cant really see it in the pic, but there's a big tree shaped dent behind the filler cap door!!!

Slow day at work looking through this thread, completely forgetting that I posted in it, I saw that pic and thought "ooh that's a nice skyline!"

Scrolled on a bit, saw that post and was like "what an idiot, that's not a silvi... ohhh..."

Jeez

:lol:

Spotted this little beauty the other day whilst picking up a customer.Went back today and got the picture,talked to he owner of the house who said he bought the place back in the eighties from a buidler who had got it from Mr. Button.Legend has it that although only an off licence he was not averse to people staying for a glass,an escape into the garden was available if the local constable appeared:)

Taken in the Somerset village of Coleford an old coal mining community

yMd11k8l.jpg

BZo1BFGl.jpg

Cheers, Krela & Oldscrote. I'm good thanks. Busy, mind! Hope you're both okay too. :)

Edit: Oh, and I meant to say that I found the blog while researching a derelict bakery in Exmouth (for the umpteenth time) and came across a load of stuff about it on the Painted Signs blog. He's brilliant with the history and other info, but no longer seems to be adding anything. Great resource, though.

Back