glasgow bottanical gardens station, 07/08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bungle666

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
History courtesy of Wiki.

The station was opened on 10 August 1896 by the Glasgow Central Railway. Although the station building was on ground level, the actual station platforms were underground, beneath the Glasgow Botanic Gardens. It was closed between 1 January 1917 and 2 March 1919 due to wartime economy, and closed permanently to passengers on 6 February 1939, with the line being closed on 5 October 1964.

the last site of the scottish road trip, and one i thought was ultra cool!! although theres not a great deal to see!!

DSCF4681.jpg

DSCF4682.jpg

DSCF4688.jpg

DSCF4693.jpg

DSCF4696.jpg

DSCF4698.jpg

DSCF4699.jpg

B..

I like this place a lot. Concrete with rusty steel girders bending gently into the distance. The half light within this submerged channel looks brilliant with the greenery slowly taking hold.
This is one of the things I love about this forum - places such as this which are simply forgotten about. More of this please. :)

Excellent find - love pic 3 and 5 - very atmospheric. Would realy like to visit this place but wrong end of the uk to me, so will have to make do with your pics instead. Thanks for sharing

this isnt far from my house but aint been anywere near it since i was young :mad:

loved seeing the pics looks like it hasnt changed that much lol apart from the more modern art :lol:

Hi Bungle666,

Great pictures. I've been down here many years ago. An interesting place. You'd never know you were only yards away from the trendy Byres Road area.

Latest posts

Back